I found an alternative OC service shop for anal owners like me -Long Post warning

Most NSX shops around SoCal will be fine for servicing if you don’t work on your car yourself. I say this because you will never discover the tiny mistakes they may forget to do (tighten bolts, loose wire harnesses, etc) that shows you how detailed they really are. I have found this many a times. If you do try and work on the car yourself, keep on reading because this is geared towards detail oriented folks who never want to have to go back to get something re-done. So here goes.

Well after wasting plenty of $$$ and time at allot of "reputable" NSX shops in SoCal I finally found a hidden gem. The place is called H and A Auto at (714) 545-4521. Gary Egeland is the owner and sole mechanic there. He has a ton of certifications hanging on his wall including an NSX cert.

He was willing and able to do what all others would not do and that's listening carefully to a customer’s needs. I have had plenty of experience with most NSX places and they didn’t hesitate to blow me off, telling me I was being too picky or come up with all sorts of excuses for this and that. Not Gary. Like a good doctor, he listened and took the time and effort to get things solved, rather than giving excuses. He has over 30 years under his belt and it shows by the way he conducts business.

If you work on your car yourself and appreciate a mechanic/ businessman with lots of integrity on how people should be treated, this is the go to guy. As anal as I am with who does work on my car, Gary is even more anal when it comes to fixing it right the first and last time. He has yet to have someone come back to redo a repair or bring in a problem he could not fix.

As for pricing, most will say you get what you pay for. This is not the case for NSX shops from my experience. I have been to shops that were considered to have low prices to the most expensive hourly rate. Almost always, I never had what I initially brought in to fix or install done properly regardless of their rate. I would have to fix it myself or pay another place to do it again. It’s more of a surprise to me when something is done right the first time around.

For the quality of work H and A Auto does, his prices reflect the specific job to be done, not just because you own an NSX and will have to pay 3 times more than any other Honda. Working on an NSX is not much different than any other Honda. So he believes it shouldn’t cost you 3 times more either. Period.

Speak to him in person and tell him you found him through NSXprime. You will then understand where I’m coming from.

I wrote this for only one reason. I would like to inform others who are seeking an alternative NSX service shop in SoCal. If you’re looking to go elsewhere besides from the handful of places people talk about here in SoCal, Gary is a fair yet quality NSX mechanic who will do the job right. A very satisfied customer.

Back