I Finally Got One!!!!

I found a 94 Black/Black 5-Speed with 63,000 miles. The car is in overall decent to good condition. I would rate it a 6.5 or 7 on the 10 scale. The CarFax is totally clean and the car doesn't have any stories to go with it. The best part of it is the price. I got it for 27K. The first thing that needs to go is the wheels. This is my first NSX. What do you people think I should do first?????

Attachments

• DriverSideProfile.jpg
    DriverSideProfile.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 633
  • Passenger.RearProfile.jpg
    Passenger.RearProfile.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 624
caseycarson said:
I found a 94 Black/Black 5-Speed with 63,000 miles. The car is in overall decent to good condition. I would rate it a 6.5 or 7 on the 10 scale. The CarFax is totally clean and the car doesn't have any stories to go with it. The best part of it is the price. I got it for 27K. The first thing that needs to go is the wheels. This is my first NSX. What do you people think I should do first?????

27k is definitely a good price for that year/miles. I would have thought low 30's at least. What to do first? what do you mean? First thing i did was buy a supercharger. :)

First thing I did was change all the fluids, filters, plugs, check the brake pads and take the car to have the timing belt/coolant hoses/ water pump changed.

After that, I might start the mods. Rims, smartenna, HIDs are all nice relatively conservative mods. Congrats, nice car!

hahah....I actually inquire about that car....from what the salesman told me, it was in a hail storm or some kind of dent damage...but was fixed...something like that...

Here's a list of the problem areas.

1. Bolsters are worn (Not ripped)
2. Power antenna not operational.
3. CD Changer not operational (I don't think)
4. Minor scratches.
5. Terrible wheels.
6. Center console panel is cracked in half.
7. No locking transmitters

None of these items are a big deal to repair so the car will be much more presentable when I drop a few $$$. The car was repainted due to hail damage on hood. Whoever did the paintwork did a decent job, though. If I come into a few extra $$$ is the next few months, I'm going to have it stripped and re-shot.

Last edited:
caseycarson said:
What do you people think I should do first?????
1. Take it in for service:

- to fix all the things that need fixing

- to bring all the scheduled maintenance up to date, including anything that you are not sure has been done (same suggestion as White94 here - good advice)

I see from this other topic that you have received advice from locals about shops in your area. That's good.

2. Join the NSX Club of America (same suggestion as NsXMas here - good advice).

3. Drive it and live with it for 3-6 months before doing any mods. Get familiar with it. See what you like about it, and what you would like to change. You might have totally different ideas after living with it, than you do now.

4. Bring it to NSXPO 2005 in Phoenix in October of next year.

WOW!! Great deal on that car. Congrats on being an NSX owner now. Enjoy your car!! :biggrin:

I checked into that car as well. I assumed you did a prepurchase inspection on that car, right? If not, you might want to check the engine since I noticed some oil stains (can't remember where exactly) and the engine bay was very dirty.

That turned me away from that car @ $27.5K.

Good luck and enjoy you car!

caseycarson said:
I found a 94 Black/Black 5-Speed with 63,000 miles. The car is in overall decent to good condition....This is my first NSX. What do you people think I should do first?????

Congratulations on the car. I just got mine in October (pics here).

I just noticed you are close to Houston. Lots of great folks in the area. Keep an eye on the Southcentral US Region section. I'll be putting together a gathering/drive early next year (late January, early February). Too busy for folks now.

caseycarson said:
That's correct. They will be gone by Christmas.

haha, that's funny because back when I was in high school (5 years ago), I bought a used '98 Eclipse GSX and it came with 17" VX1s (in chrome) as well. Back then I loved them. But they're H E A V Y. imo

Back