• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I dream of NSX-R again!

DownForce NSX-R wing!!!!! what you think guys....Cool or zero cool?

coming soon..
NSX-R hood by DownForce
NSX-R wing / LED light(brake light) by DownForce
NSX-R Rear Type-R production diffuser by DownForce

11473rear4.jpg

11473rear3.jpg

11473rear2.jpg

11473rear1.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice addition to the car. I could only wish I have more money to get the front bumper, R wing and the side skirts to complete the look.

Jin1976 said:
Very nice addition to the car. I could only wish I have more money to get the front bumper, R wing and the side skirts to complete the look.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,
Try DownForce wing 100% JDM replica FULL CARBON FIBER @ 6.5lbs for less than 1/2 the price of Procar.
link:http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57335

Last edited:
Not taking side here. But I've read some where that downforce is 6.5lbs. According to what you are saying below, PROCAR's spoiler would be 3.25lbs? If that is the case, you are right .............pears to apple sure wouldn't be a good comparison. Congrad!! and good job!!!

Procar Specials said:
if you write this.......you have to write too:
HALF THE PRICE FOR THE DOUBLE OF WEIGHT.

Procar Specials said:
This is what you should see if you are dreaming your R dreams.
5576Procar_NSX-R_rear_valence_1.JPG

SORRY, but I don't put wing with big gab on my car...I can't understand why people are happy with gab like that.

Attachments

• nhakf.jpg
    nhakf.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,895
Last edited:
Zero-Cool said:
SORRY, but I don't put wing with big gab on my car...I can't understand why people are happy with gab like that.

ZERO why be an ass here? the man is just protecting his products by not wanting them compared to less expensive ones, he didn’t slam you the product or the other company...he stated the differences that all. Actually I thought he did it pretty fairly.

You come back with a comment that makes you look juvenile and petty like you have to JUSTIFY to all of us why you went the cheap route..And slammed his product erroneously.....

Relax, enjoy your car and your $900 and stop being and UNcool-zero.....

01blacks4 said:
ZERO why be an ass here? the man is just protecting his products by not wanting them compared to less expensive ones, he didn’t slam you the product or the other company...he stated the differences that all. Actually I thought he did it pretty fairly.

You come back with a comment that makes you look juvenile and petty like you have to JUSTIFY to all of us why you went the cheap route..And slammed his product erroneously.....

Relax, enjoy your car and your $900 and stop being and UNcool-zero.....
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! 01 blacks4..I didn't bass on Procar NSX-R wing (I know Procar make great product) but my comments is due to this QUOTE from Procar "This is what you should see if you are dreaming your R dreams." now what kind of DREAM if there a GAB like that on my baby??? that's all ,

Last edited:
Not sure from the picture........but I think the gap you are referring to might be just the angle of the picture. The area you circled is the trunk deck and the rear lense. It appears the wing does not even touch that area where you circled and if there were a gap....it probably is not from the wing.

OK..I appologize for my comment on Procar NSX-R wing having a gab...there is no gab on Procar NSX-R wing . It perfect fit , is up to you to get what you want..

-Procar
-SOS
-DownForce
They all are nice wing, if you like the R look.

Last edited:
PoohBEAR said:
Not taking side here. But I've read some where that downforce is 6.5lbs. According to what you are saying below, PROCAR's spoiler would be 3.25lbs? If that is the case, you are right .............pears to apple sure wouldn't be a good comparison. Congrad!! and good job!!!

Downforce does offer different options on the weight also. This is from a post of theirs in another thread:

Light Weight Performance
Vacuum Bagging: Some of asked if I can make the wings lighter then 6 pounds and the answer is yes. I can make them 2.3 pounds but they will be as soft as the Procar wing. If you want the vacuum bagged wing that weigh 2.3 pounds I can offer them for $1,250 with the LED.
Autocalve: If you want a real autoclave wing it will weigh about 1.8 pounds and it will be stronger then my 6 pound wing by a factor of 2~3. It should be able to support at least 300+ pounds. The current pricing on the wing for the autoclave exclusively pre-preg carbon fiber will be $1,900.00 with the LED.

Also, not to get off topic but does the Type-R wing produce downforce? If so, how much? FYI, a flexing wing would not produce less downforce.

TTony said:
Downforce does offer different options on the weight also. This is from a post of theirs in another thread:

Light Weight Performance
Vacuum Bagging: Some of asked if I can make the wings lighter then 6 pounds and the answer is yes. I can make them 2.3 pounds but they will be as soft as the Procar wing. If you want the vacuum bagged wing that weigh 2.3 pounds I can offer them for $1,250 with the LED.
Autocalve: If you want a real autoclave wing it will weigh about 1.8 pounds and it will be stronger then my 6 pound wing by a factor of 2~3. It should be able to support at least 300+ pounds. The current pricing on the wing for the autoclave exclusively pre-preg carbon fiber will be $1,900.00 with the LED.

Also, not to get off topic but does the Type-R wing produce downforce? If so, how much? FYI, a flexing wing would not produce less downforce.

I read this from a previous Procar post:

The OEM NSX rear spoiler weight is ~5.5 kg,
the european Procar NSX-R spoiler replica ~ 2.0 kg.
The lightest NSX-R spoiler we ever produced was 1.6 kg,
the export version is ~ 2.5 kg.

Is there a different Euro version of the Procar spoiler or am I reading this wrong?

I think the wing is very attractive. I was thinking of doing the same for my car.

By the way, are your wheels silver or mercury silver?

All the wings look very nice.

Let's please keep the topic on ZeroCool's beautiful NSX and keep the other vendors in thier own threads.

Autoclave, top quality carbon fiber is great, but for a street car and justifying the price isn't......most of the guys who buy carbon fiber hoods, wings, fenders, etc....do it for aesthetic reasons anyways.

Ponyboy said:
WTF is "gab" or a "bass?" :confused:

Haha, I was wondering about that too when I saw it.....spelling mistake or bad cold?

Anyway, I love the Procar wing, but me being the poorest NSX owner on the planet, I don't have dreams of '02 NSX-R stuff.

peter said:
Haha, I was wondering about that too when I saw it.....spelling mistake or bad cold?

Anyway, I love the Procar wing, but me being the poorest NSX owner on the planet, I don't have dreams of '02 NSX-R stuff.

maybe if you sold those 1st gen NSX-R wheels, you'd have some extra cash!! :wink:

jk. I wouldn't sell those if I had a set either :biggrin:

Back