I bought a MB ML 320

Does anyone else on this forum own a ML 320? I just bought one yesturday. It is a 99 with 50000 miles. I picked it up for 19k. Is this a good deal? My friend got it at the auction for me. Has anyone had any problems to speak of with theirs? Thanks

Rob

I bought one when there was a year waiting list (got someone's spot who failed in financing). I thought it was pretty cool to be one of the first one's on the road -- but now, they're all over the place.

I've had few problems, nothing major:

Fuel Pump failed at around 60K miles
Engine light comes on intermittantly (two area dealerships have failed to figure out why)
Dash light on the temperature display has gone out (to be fixed at next scheduled maint)
Door Locks will sometimes lock/unlock/lock themselves (like Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it gets" when you press the remote lock. The dealership's solution was to disable the auto-lock feature so it doesn't happen as often. I think there's a bug in the firmware that they don't have a fix for, or the DFW dealerships don't know about.

It's been a good car for my wife. It only stranded her the one time that the fuel pump failed. Have over 70K miles on it.

I've been generally happy with it, but it seems fairly apparent to me that:
1. It's a Crysler with an MB badge on it
2. It was made in Alabama

Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by aaronb (edited 06 October 2002).]

I bought the wife a 2002 and had lots of problems. Power stearing started leaking the dealer did not have part in stock while wating for it the power stearing went out! The center box handle broke the first day . The part took three months to get . The trip computer went out the second month it took three months to come in. They had 9 on back order just for that dealer. Rain sensor for wipers just broke 4 on back order not inc me. The car is under powered and to small for me. My wife thinks its the best car in the world . Because every guy checks her out when she is driving it and with the tinted out windows in back you cant even see the kids!

My mother has one...check epinions for my reviews on a 98 and a 02 model...they are short but to the point
smile.gif

------------------
Auraraptor

1999 Honda Prelude "Mina" (Should be the new daily driver)
1998 BMW 750iL "Katrina" Still the daily driver)
1997 NSX "Nina"
1982 BMW 633CSi "Jessica"

A good friend of mine got a 98 (was on the list since 97). The 1st-generation ones seemed to have problems with fit & finish right after the warranty expired. Suspension squeaked loudly and needed to be replaced ($1700), brakes shot very early ($1200), cupholder broke many times, etc. Many plastic parts w/ fake wood. Drives like a car.

A friend I know has one and he's not really that happy with it. It's the first year model but he finds it to be nothing but annoying. Everything keeps breaking on it. He's tired of taking it to the dealer to keep fixing all these irritating problems. He's unloading it very soon and vowed never to buy a US built Benz ever again.

I bought one when it 1st came out and was on the waiting list too. I ordered mine with all the options and it came out to $55K out the door. The car rattles like crazy now. Its just not as well built as the other benzes. I know the MLs are built in the US and not in Germany. I hope that this is not the reason why the car is not as well built. I will not hesitate to trade in mine when a redesigned ML comes out. Hopefully it will be better than the 1st gen.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

That is a good deal if you got a color that you want and have a condition like your NSX
smile.gif

I just realized that ML was built in US.

[This message has been edited by insx (edited 10 October 2002).]

I was suprised by the ride of the truck. It really handles like a car. Everything seems to work properly. It is the color I wanted, black. I enjoy driving it much more than my Land Rover. The ride is much better not to mention that I am getting 20 miles per gallon while the Rover gets 11. The people that I talk to either love them or hate them. It was the same way when I bought the Rover and I have not had one problem and now have 110k miles on it. Hate to sell it but it has to go. Thanks for the replies.

Rob

you must have had a disco, huh? i had one for two years, really liked it for its overall panache, but a really rough riding sob. the range rover is a great ride otoh.

the ml is nice i think. good gas mileage and more of a car. that is probably the reason i dont personally want one, or the mdx for that matter. sounds like you got a good deal.

OH yea on my first appt to the benz dealer they have four computers in the wating area that you can use to surf the net.
I was the only one there so I canged the home page to nsxprime.
Went back there one month later there were two people on the fourms checking out the picture gallery.
Went again today there was some 65 year old guy checking out BILLS NSX. Nothing better than seeing that bright yellow car on the screen from across the loby. :]

Back