I am such an indecisive bastard

JUST MADE UP MY MIND (THREAD CLOSED)

Hi, this is Wind from CA. I was about to become a proud owner of a 95 X last week, but for some stupid reason the loan company which is Tri Counties Bank rejected my loan last minute. To make long story short, I was able to find another loan company for a lower rate. Right now here is the problem, I have heard so many members mentioning that 97+ model handles better than 97- model. I am struggling between both. I want to go for 97+ for driving pleasure; on the other hand, I also want to go for that 95 I have in mind simply because of the cost. I am about 50/50 between both, the 95 I have in mind is set to deliver to me this Friday. I can always change my mind before last minute but I’ll lose my $500 deposit with the dealer and 200 deposit with the shipping company. The 97 model I am considering is this one on autotrader.com http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=n&start_year=1995&=&color=&cardist=22

btw if anyone know anything about this X please advise. Hate Myself for doing this on last minute.

Does anyone know how to make an out of state purchase look like same state purchase? My lone company is a CA based credit union; they won’t finance me for out of states purchase. I sew some nice 97+ X on autotrader.com but most of them are in the other side of the country.

Wind

Last edited:
More Info about the 95

Just want to give more price detail on the 95 X.
Parts to be replaced: Front tire, Repaint Front bumper, Replace 2 Antera rim centercap. Should cost me around $1000
EXTRA that I’d like to install: HID Kit, Type R Wing, and Alarm.
Another $1000
After the whole process this will bring my total cost to about $43.5, compare to 97 I was refering to, it should cost me about the same. (Before Tax for 97)

what should I do??:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Is the 95 a T or a coupe, if you are looking for a T you are better off with a 97 they reinforced the chassis for the 97's along with the bigger engine, bigger brakes, and the 6 speed. (Read the FAQ)

I won't comment on the options of both cars, since that's pretty much wear and tear, but remember that the car that has been repainted won't look as good as one that has not.

FYI, an HID kit + Type R Wing (Either the Procar or the Taitec Replicas) + Alarm will put you past the 1000.00 budget. If you choose to go with the Dreamsportz then that would be different.

Good luck!

Ken

A 95 or a 97 for the same price, and the 95 needs work? If the 97 is in good shape, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

That being said, there are some really nice private party deals for 95-96s in the marketplace for what appear to be gorgeous NSXs, w/ no paintwork for well under $40k.

I'd back out and eat the money, and if I have no reason to go through a dealer then I wouldn't.

I did in fact have a quote from Progressive alone with the sales contract to turn in to Tri Counties Bank, I believe you know you need proof of insurance in order to get loan. Progressive is still waiting for me to send in a copy of the sales contract and photos of my X to complete the process. Like I said Tri Counties Bank rejected my application last minute due to insufficient proof of income. I even talked to the manager of the loan department; his name is Pary Rid… something. He claims my application look suspicious, because I live in Southern Cal and the car is located at Northern Cal. He started question me about why don’t I just get a car locally. And they had question about my business too! I had just opened my business a month before I try to purchase this X and he told me that my business name is not register with directory 411. (I don’t know why) He then ask me for proof of income, but because it’s a new business and as owner I don’t have any record of pay stub or income tax yet. He claimed my case look just like a classic fraud case, where I would buy a car far away from where I live, put down large amount of down payment, drove off the car and never to be found. After talking to him, he requested my accountant’s phone number in order to verify the existence of my new business, but he never call back. So the dealer started searching for another bank, this time they got me with some credit union with a co-signer for 6.99% hopefully this time the bank won’t be asking for too many document. (Tri Counties Bank gave me 8.74%) I don’t know what is it with you! If you can give me any advices to help me along the process I would be very appreciate. If not please leave this post alone, cause I really don’t have time for this. Doen't matter if I go for 95 or 97 I want to have the X by this Saturday.

Btw for those people that are paying too much for insurance give my agent a call, she may help you save some money. You could tell them is from Angel C Tse.
Ask for Hiromi 310-207-4747

Last edited:
NSXWIND said:
I guess after all mine isn't all that bad. I have always heard Geico cost more than other leading insurance company. i don't know if NY’s got a company call AIS, AIS is a broker for insurance, they will search the best rate for you. that's how I end up with Mercury for my daily drive.

I am really good at picking up inconsistent stories. Your signature line says:
95 NSX (Too Nice for Daily Drive)
02 SC430 (Fun for Daily Drive) Wife's
00 Jetta (Horrible for Any Drive) Wife's
00 Accord V6 (Good for Daily Drive)

Don't say you have a nsx unless you have it. In addition, you said you have a mercury because of insurance. If you have a sc430 etc, you should not be so worried about the cost of insurance. Also, as for financing goes, usually if you have been approved for credit they don't question you after the fact. No dealer waste their time to draw up a sales contract unless you have been approved. Your previous posts are consistent w/ what most of us have seen as being a troll so im not the only one here thats annoyed. I can imagine how annoyed that dealer would be after doing all the leg work and you decided not to go ahead with it at the last minute. You said your afraid of losing a 500 deposit, a deposit is usually refundable. But I can see how the dealer would want to take it after you waste their time. Makeup your mind before you ask a dealer to draw up a sales contract and secure financing.
As for financing, try http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com/Public/Home/Default.aspx

Alot of memebers here have had good experiences and gotten low rates. There's no restrictions on what year or what state the car is in. Its a good idea to be sure you have financing before finding a car of your dreams and not being to buy it because of credit issues.

You're welcome to post and ask questions but you should really read all the faq's and do searches of prior posts before asking. All of your questions have been talked about before.

I appreciated your suggestion on the finance. I have tried Capitalone.com. Being 24 years old, I didn¡¦t get my first credit card until I turn 20 so they rejected my loan because of insufficient credit file (they said I need at least 5 years of credit history). As for my insurance, SC430 is under my wife¡¦s name so it¡¦s under her insurance. The only car I have under my name is 2000 Honda accord V6 and is under Mercury. I try to go with Mercury for my X, but like I said it¡¦s too expensive, so I had to put it under my wife¡¦s name.
As I have mention before, I was rejected by the bank last minute, the dealer didn¡¦t even mention the chance of this happening, otherwise I wouldn¡¦t even put down a deposit.
I am no Troll, hopefully after this week I'll be able to post some picture of my X. I have removed the X under my signature line, I'll put it back after this week.

Just to give you something constructive to think about while sorting out your Purchase/Insurance/Financing issues, do you have any advice as to the best way a prospective NSXer might learn to drive a manual transmission NSX?;)

NSXWIND said:
I appreciated your suggestion on the finance. I have tried Capitalone.com. Being 24 years old, I didn¡¦t get my first credit card until I turn 20 so they rejected my loan because of insufficient credit file (they said I need at least 5 years of credit history). As for my insurance, SC430 is under my wife¡¦s name so it¡¦s under her insurance. The only car I have under my name is 2000 Honda accord V6 and is under Mercury. I try to go with Mercury for my X, but like I said it¡¦s too expensive, so I had to put it under my wife¡¦s name.
As I have mention before, I was rejected by the bank last minute, the dealer didn¡¦t even mention the chance of this happening, otherwise I wouldn¡¦t even put down a deposit.
I am no Troll, hopefully after this week I'll be able to post some picture of my X. I have removed the X under my signature line, I'll put it back after this week.

FYI,

A contribution to NSXPrime might make people take you a bit more seriously, Lud the NSXPrime admnistrator pays for the site pretty much out of his own pocket along with a bit of support from some of the advertisers and folks that make donations to the site.

FYI, You owe it to yourself to drive a 95-T vs a 97-T back to back you will notice the difference.

Good luck in getting your NSX.

Ken

Handling can always be upgraded reasonably cheaply. buy some sway bars, strut tower bars and coil overs.....Done, have your cake and eat it too. :)

2slow2speed said:
Is the 95 a T or a coupe, if you are looking for a T you are better off with a 97 they reinforced the chassis for the 97's along with the bigger engine, bigger brakes, and the 6 speed. (Read the FAQ)...

Just some food for thought, in 1995 the NSX was only offered in the 'T' configuration. There was no coupe at all offered in the U.S. for the 1995 model year, every car was a targa. No big deal....just adding some information. :)

Back