I am moving to SOCAL :)

Hey socal NSX'rs
effective Jan 2011 i will be making my way to southern california from central california...my plan is to settle down somewhere south of Los angeles...prefereably further south... close to the coast all the way down to San Diego...i figuer i spend about a week in Jan spending time in different cities/neighborhoods along the path down to san diego...during that time i will be looking for work and getting a feel for the area.
I am in the medical field (MD) and if there are any other physicians down there please hit me up with some recommendations...i am also hoping to meet fellow NSX memebers down in the socal region for coffee or drinks while down there.

Zaid.

Just let us know when you are in SoCal and where and I'm sure many of us will be happy to meet up with you:smile:
Les

Just let us know when you are in SoCal and where and I'm sure many of us will be happy to meet up with you:smile:
Les

Whatever Les!!

You know we as an NSX community don't welcome in newbies nicely!

J/K! Like Les said, make a post when you are here and I am sure people would be willing to meet up in your honor :biggrin:

Whatever Les!!

You know we as an NSX community don't welcome in newbies nicely!

Hey Stephen,
You were the first to welcome me into the community and it was mostly painless:tongue:

J/K! Like Les said, make a post when you are here and I am sure people would be willing to meet up in your honor :biggrin:

^^^^^^^
Like Stephen said.

Last edited:
Hello Zaid, from another S2000/NSX owner. You have two whites and I have two blues.

I have lived in Los Angeles County (North Hollywood, Sylmar and Acton) in San Diego (La Mesa), and now live in Orange County. I recommend staying in Orange County or San Diego County. I never understood the bad mouthing OC people gave to LA County, until I moved down here, 2 1/2 years ago. It's really much nicer, cleaner and has pretty landscaping. Pricey, for sure.

Hello Zaid, from another S2000/NSX owner. You have two whites and I have two blues.

I have lived in Los Angeles County (North Hollywood, Sylmar and Acton) in San Diego (La Mesa), and now live in Orange County. I recommend staying in Orange County or San Diego County. I never understood the bad mouthing OC people gave to LA County, until I moved down here, 2 1/2 years ago. It's really much nicer, cleaner and has pretty landscaping. Pricey, for sure.
Don't worry Patty, us LA'ers bad mouth the OC'ers just as much ;) even if simply to talk about geographic landscape. hahaha

Hey Zaid. There are a lot of nice places in the areas you're looking at. If you make it down to SD to look around definitely post something when you're in town. I've lived in the OC (Irvine) & now I'm in SD and price-wise they are pretty comparable. There are definitely nice areas in both. So happy hunting and let us know if you have any questions about specific areas. :smile:

Don't worry Patty, us LA'ers bad mouth the OC'ers just as much ;) even if simply to talk about geographic landscape. hahaha

Regan (sp?), when I came down to Irvine in 2004, for the S2000 Megameet, I hated it. I couldn't wait to get back to rural Acton and the dirt. Now I live 9 miles east of Irvine. I never would have thought that was possible. I did take me about 2 years to get used to it, though.

Congrats on your upcoming move.

There are a ton of nice areas between Carlsbad and Pacific Beach. UCSD, Scripps, Sharp, all are top notch Medical Centers. Carmel Valley is a popular inland spot in North San Diego County not far from the coast. Must check it out. Close commute to most Hospitals.

Hi Zaid, you're finally making the move--wise choice! Wondering if you went through with the mods. Let me know when you're in the L.A. Area. Welcome to SoCal and good luck on your new venture!

Chino hills cough cough. You can visit the valleno, nice place to live :)

Thanks to all for posting on here...i am hoping to make this the final move of my life and settle somewhere permanently...socal is where i have always wanted to live so now i just have to find out where exactly....also, it would be good to meet some fellow nsxers to cruise with.

ps second weekend of december i will go on a 4 day drive from LA to san diego and experience the cities/towns/neighborhoods in between..if you have any recommendations of places i should visit along the way please do tell.

Zaid

Chino hills cough cough. You can visit the valleno, nice place to live :)

Is the cough from the smog or the cow smell:eek: there in Chino Hill:tongue: Sorry but could not resist. Most of the area used to be dairy farms. I drive thru there alot going to Vegas or the desert and OMG the smell.

Anyone feel free to jump in here.....

I would say, like with any move, where you're at in life will determine a lot. LA offers more robust urban living. Downtown LA is currently going thru a revival of some sorts and I find myself there more often for the casual the drink/happy_hr/dinner/dance_club with friends. Then there's also the West side of LA (West Hollywood to Santa Monica). I should also mention Pasadena. This place has a character of it's own and is called "Old Town" for a reason. LA has alot of traffic. The streets are terrible and it's not the cleanest city on earth but for me I can't live anywhere else right now. Business opportunities are better in general in a big city though for an MD i'm sure your options can be more broad.

Orange county offers a better, more relaxed (read:slower) lifestyle. Scenery is awesome. Streets are wide. Cops are strict. There's a planned neighbor any which way you look so everything is efficient but to me much too sterile. Family life is probably much better there and I would like to retire there someday. In general, OC doors are closed by 8pm. I lived in Newport Beach and Irvine for 2yrs then couldn't take it anymore and moved back to LA.

San Diego is somewhere in between I would say. My good friend is finishing up her fellowship in Peds in San Diego and she loves it down there.

I'm talking generalities here. Each location, and especially locales as big as your options, will have their own jems here and there. Good luck!

ps second weekend of december i will go on a 4 day drive from LA to san diego and experience the cities/towns/neighborhoods in between..if you have any recommendations of places i should visit along the way please do tell.

Zaid
To bad it isn't the first weekend of December, then you could participate in the BIG CalCoastalNSX Drive. :D

To bad it isn't the first weekend of December, then you could participate in the BIG CalCoastalNSX Drive. :D

i wont be bringing the baby...or should i say babies..on my way to socal for the drive around...it will be the DD hauling me around on the long drives...but i am hoping soon enough i will be able to take her out to meet with you guys and see all these amazing examples of NSX's i see on thread here.

Z

Hey Z,

When you have finally made the decision to move to SAN DIEGO for sure, drop me an email. I do have a strong network here in San Diego that may find a niche for you within my network of doctors.

Where ever you decide to plant your root, I wish you the very best. I love San Diego, and believe me, I have travel all over the U.S.!

Good Luck,
Dat

Is the cough from the smog or the cow smell:eek: there in Chino Hill:tongue: Sorry but could not resist. Most of the area used to be dairy farms. I drive thru there alot going to Vegas or the desert and OMG the smell.

Lol. It rarely smells here where i live. Every once in a while but most farms are gone. Smells more towards riverside/ ontario. I love it here, except for the price :/ the "nice" houses that have their own golf course run about 2 mill i think. I need to start looking for a real business job if i plan to stay here.

Lol. It rarely smells here where i live. Every once in a while but most farms are gone. Smells more towards riverside/ ontario. I love it here, except for the price :/ the "nice" houses that have their own golf course run about 2 mill i think. I need to start looking for a real business job if i plan to stay here.

Jason,
I know the smell is not so bad any more but could not resist when you started your post with cough cough. I had a friend that lived there awhile back when it was still mostly farms and I teased him all the time about the smell. But now there are alot of nice new neighborhoods in the area.

Now back to the original post here. I have lived in OC for 48 years but work has allowed me to spend time in every part of SoCal. LA on the westside is great, especially the coastal area. In OC most of south county is PUD's, planned unit developments and good if that is what you are looking for. But in north county, areas like Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley(where I have lived for the past 25 years) and Newport Beach are really nice. By the way Regan(RYU) the OC does not close at 8:00 pm. I have closed many clubs, bars and even some restaurants at 2:00 am all over OC:biggrin:. As far as San Diego you can't go wrong there, great neighborhoods all over the county. As far as work in the medical field there are lots of good hospitals and medical centers all over SoCal.
Zaid, good luck on your search and WE are all here to help:smile:
Les

Last edited:
Back