I am looking to purchase a 1991 with 33k or 1992 with 80k

I am looking to purchase a 1991 with 33k or 1992 with 80k. The price difference between the two is about $7k for the '91, which has new tires and chromed 18's. Both are in excellent condition. Which would you choose? BTW . . . does the '91 have a VTEC engine?

b4ucmellcu said:
I am looking to purchase a 1991 with 33k or 1992 with 80k. The price difference between the two is about $7k for the '91, which has new tires and chromed 18's. Both are in excellent condition. Which would you choose? BTW . . . does the '91 have a VTEC engine?

Every year is vtec

Thanks . . .sorry if questions seem dumb. I've only been in the market for a week and just came across this website yesterday. Also, did the body change from '91 to '92? KBB didn't list a spoiler for a standard feature on the 91's.

b4ucmellcu said:
I am looking to purchase a 1991 with 33k or 1992 with 80k. The price difference between the two is about $7k for the '91, which has new tires and chromed 18's. Both are in excellent condition. Which would you choose?
Not enough information.

For example, I would ask the following questions about each car, just as a start:

- When were the timing belt and water pump replaced?

- When was the clutch replaced?

- When was the last time a major maintenance (30K/60K/etc) was performed?

- Is the car in the snap ring range? If so, has the snap ring problem been fixed?

- Have the window regulators been upgraded?

- Are the titles clear?

- Is there a clear Carfax?

Back