I am in LA, where are all the nsxs??

Seems like bentleys grow on trees around here. A porsche is around every corner. Mercedes and BMW flood the roads....but not a single NSX so far.

where in LA you at? there's gonna be a drive this weekend. check oout the SOCAL thread

Seems like bentleys grow on trees around here. A porsche is around every corner. Mercedes and BMW flood the roads....but not a single NSX so far.

+1.

I was in LA this past weekend and i only saw one on the 15 freeway heading north. I went to cars and coffe and there was no cars and coffe :rolleyes:.

Lesson learned, next I will be on the west coast I will remember to post something in the local section :cool:.

+1.

I was in LA this past weekend and i only saw one on the 15 freeway heading north. I went to cars and coffe and there was no cars and coffe :rolleyes:.

Lesson learned, next I will be on the west coast I will remember to post something in the local section :cool:.

What was the location you went to?

I am in Beverly Hills. Driving to Malibu today. Maybe I will see some hotness on the road.

Heading to Las Vegas Friday.

Hah ............ I have wondered that too every time I go to LA -mostly the west side [Century City, Westwood, Santa Monica, and north on 405 to Encino and Tarzana] - I rarely ever see an NSX :rolleyes:

In the last 10 years perhaps I have seen 5. One on 405 going north from the airport, one black parked in Rodeo Drive, one on Pacific HWY 1 in Santa Monica (red/female driver), and one red around Culver City or east of it. I see more NSXs here or on the track!

Hah ............ I have wondered that too every time I go to LA -mostly the west side [Century City, Westwood, Santa Monica, and north on 405 to Encino and Tarzana] - I rarely ever see an NSX :rolleyes:

In the last 10 years perhaps I have seen 5. One on 405 going north from the airport, one black parked in Rodeo Drive, one on Pacific HWY 1 in Santa Monica (red/female driver), and one red around Culver City or east of it. I see more NSXs here or on the track!
I live in this area and I rarely see any NSXs either. When I do see them the drivers don't seem to be people you would think frequents nsxprime. I've seen several rare examples in the area such as various stock form GPWs and 02+s but they seem to be driving to/from work. Never in the middle of the day or on the wknds.

:eek: what the.....you remember the specific sightings over a ten year period....Hrant using 12% of his brain :tongue:

:eek: what the.....you remember the specific sightings over a ten year period....Hrant using 12% of his brain :tongue:

LOL!

I just remembered there was another black one at the Chevron gas station on the corner of Westwood and Santa Monica :tongue:

When there are so few sightings, the brain doesn't have to work much - plus you are being optimistic with 12% :eek::wink:

For me, that's part of the charm of driving an NSX. After owning a couple Porsche 911's, I got tired of having a car that was as common as a Honda Accord in West LA. I usually see an nsx on the road at least once a month.

I am in Beverly Hills. Driving to Malibu today. Maybe I will see some hotness on the road.

Heading to Las Vegas Friday.

That's F, L, and P territory. Want to see NSX, go to poor neighborhoods.

I may see one once a month.......maybe. Just saw one near my house this past weekend and my wife couldn't understand why I made such a big deal out of it :smile:

When I commuted to Santa Monica, there was a period of time where I would see at least one a day (not counting my own).

Now that I commute to El Segundo, I see fewer...even though I drive my own more often (I did today...even took the top off due to how nice the weather is). I've seen one for sale on Hawthorne in Torrance, I still see one for sale on Sepulveda in Hermosa Beach. Occasionally I see another in PV.

Lately, I see more Teslas than NSXs.

Last edited:
Did not realize and it is so true? I used to work in LA/Woodland hills area and did go around to sunset blvd, malibu, airport, newport etc. This was at least 6months and every week commute. Never saw an NSX.

Last edited:
Mine's in my garage, under a car cover.. . Hopefully she'll be out in El Segundo area tomorrow. :smile:

I grew up in LA and for 4 years I had a job that literally had me driving all over the county for 10-14 hours per day. The most sightings were on the west side and the average was well below once per day. I think my record is 3 or 4 in one day. Driving up and down PCH (CA 1), is where you are likely to see the most. Pacific Palisades, Sunset Blvd, Ocean Ave in Santa Monica... Near the Beverly Center on Olympic/San Vicente... these are the places most likely to find them.

Mine's in my garage, under a car cover.. . Hopefully she'll be out in El Segundo area tomorrow. :smile:

same here...she will get some sunlight soon though:wink:

I lived in LA for almost 7 years, I saw 3-4 NSXs the whole time I was there. It's not really a car the "see and be seen" type drives or looks for, most people are looking for something more widely recognized. Even so, I actually stopped turning my head when I heard a Ferrari or Lambo drive by, LA warps your sense of what is "special" or unique. BMWs are more common than Civics in some parts of town, and Porsches had to be a GT2, GT3 or Turbo S to get attention.

Damn I miss it.

I've been in the Bay Area just under 2 years and I've already seen more NSXs than when I was in LA.

Back