Hwy 35 / Skyline Blvs (Bay Area)

Today the weather was so nice that I took the long way home after doing an errand around lunch. Well, the long way home took me to hwy 35 here in the bay area. I started in Saratoga / hwy 9 and turned onto Skyline blvd. I had taken this road several times before on weekends, and there were always lots of traffic. But today being a weekday, there was no one on the road!!! It was like a dream come true
wink.gif

I had the top off and windows down, VTEC at my back, music in the background, while I blasted through this fantastic backroad, feeling at-one with the NSX. For a couple of hours, life stood still, worries went away, and everything seemed perfect.

What a perfect day and the perfect road for the perfect car...

------------------
'95 NSX-T: comptech exhaust, eibachs, bilsteins, WW front spoiler, 17/18 Work Wheels
'95 M3
'99 A4

Definitely beautiful out today and very nice scenery there. I like to take the 9 -> 35 -> Page Mill loop when visiting Palo Alto. Or if you've got time, 9 out to the ocean, north on 1 and back through that road that leads to woodside road. Actually, sounds like a must-do NW-NSXCA club run - any takers? Or we can start the Silicon Valley lunch drive club!

99 NSX-Z SC 9-lb boost
95 Dinan M3 (290 RWHP, look out NA NSXen!)
95 M3 (Stock)
zanardi1a.jpg
zanardi2a.jpg

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 13 February 2002).]

I hear ya. We've had some great weather the past 2 days here in the Seattle area. I got to take my targa off for the second time in 4 months. With the sun shining on my head, clear open sky, and heater on full blast, I was in heaven. I even have pictures.
smile.gif

(let's see if ofoto will let me post these pics)
34534853303_0_ALB.jpg

54534853303_0_ALB.jpg

Damn, looks like you'll just have to cut and paste the urls to view.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by johndoh (edited 12 February 2002).]

Originally posted by Number9:
Actually, sounds like a must-do NW-NSXCA club run - any takers? Or we can start the Silicon Valley lunch drive club!

Hey, count me in! I keep telling myself I need to take 9 down to 1 towards the ocean. Maybe later this week if it doesn't rain
wink.gif

So what time is lunch?

biggrin.gif

------------------
'95 NSX-T: comptech exhaust, eibachs, bilsteins, WW front spoiler, 17/18 Work Wheels
'95 M3
'99 A4

Ditched work early on Friday and did the 9 -> 35 -> Page Mill loop and to my surprise, NO TRAFFIC!!! What a hoot. Grey weather, but still beautiful scenery - fabulous forested mountain terrain. Got through just ahead of the rain.

On Saturday, I did the same loop in the Dinan M3 (new cam) to shake the car down. Wow, talk about a difference in character. The SC Zanardi was great on 9 and especially fun on the sweepers on 35, but it was a handful on the hairpins down page mill (a faster steering ratio would solve this). Where the Zanardi was smooth and fast, the M3 was brutish and loud - but because of its narrower body, the latter was much easier to manage in the narrow lanes of page mill.

8K RPM, if you're serious, email me and let's try to start up a bi-weekly SV lunchtime club run! Driving is great therapy when school and/or work are giving you the blues...

Oh, forgot to mention, saw a Modena and a Porsche turbo coming up 35 and 9 respectively while I was headed in the opposite direction. The Porsche driver lifted a couple of fingers from the hand on the steering wheel (we were in the twisties) and gave a knowing wave. I responded in kind. Nice to know the F & P car guys are driving 'em in their proper element!

--twc

99 NSX-Z SC (9-lb boost)
95 Dinan M3 (290 RWHP)
95 M3 (Bone Stock)

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 16 February 2002).]

Back