Hummer H2 vs. Dodge Ram Head on collision

Hummer H2 turns out to be a pussy under all that metal, it only looks tough, the Ram is still standing on 4 wheels, the same cannot be said about the H2

Attachments

• hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 974
Um, "Yay for Dodge!" Is that the expected response?

Or is it, "Yay, I hate Hummer H2's!"

I don't see the point here.

Autophile said:
Um, "Yay for Dodge!" Is that the expected response?

Or is it, "Yay, I hate Hummer H2's!"

I don't see the point here.

Point is that Hummers aren't the beasts they're cracked out to be :)

Now, if that was an H1, I think the story might be a little different?

Hummers were never meant to be indestructable in accidents (especially against Dodge 3500 Duallys), but rather an off-road beast that can take a beating and keep going through anything.

cmhs75 said:
Hummer H2 turns out to be a pussy under all that metal, it only looks tough, the Ram is still standing on 4 wheels, the same cannot be said about the H2

A H2 is just a Yukon with a different body, why would anyone think that it would hold up better than any other medium size Chevy truck.

Now if my H1 hit that Dodge, I would bet it would still be driveable and the Dodge would be in much worse shape.

There is no way to compare the H1 and H2, one is a beast and the other is just a normal truck.

I hate Hummers too, but need to stick up for it here. As you can see the interior space of the Hummer is still intact, and so is the dodge. BUT if you put a G-force reader in a crash dummy in each truck, the one in the Dodge would have more serious internal injuries. The safest vehicles on the road are the ones that maintain interior cabin, but fall apart in the crumple zone. This reduces the inertia slowly over time, and a few more feet. Automakers spend millions recently to design sophisticated crumple areas into their cars. Honda has gotten pretty good at it. The 05 Odyssey has a lot of engineering up front, to make it one of the safest cars on the road if in a front end collision. I am sorry I would rather have my car totalled and save my life, than to have it built like a tank. Internal body and head injuries are way more serious than all of the cuts and scrapes. It all comes down to inertia.

Pssttt....what he said. ^

The H2 looks like that b/c it was designed that way. Looks like good engineering to me. And yeah, I hate H2's as well.

yeah I know, even the price tag confirms the difference

Carguy! said:
A H2 is just a Yukon with a different body, why would anyone think that it would hold up better than any other medium size Chevy truck.

Now if my H1 hit that Dodge, I would bet it would still be driveable and the Dodge would be in much worse shape.

There is no way to compare the H1 and H2, one is a beast and the other is just a normal truck.

on another note, it bothers me seeing those vehicles being occupied by just the driver and no passengers. people dont need that much car/truck unless its actually used for work. and then we complain about gas prices! boy are we one spoiled nation.

Back