Humidity

WOW!

It's been a long time since the humidity has been this high. Anyone else getting some of the same? 96% here

Yes, its ridiculously humid in central PA and supposed to about 100 tomorrow with 90+ percent humidity. Just thinking is making me sweat :frown:

Sure glad I tweaked the heater control cable to fix my anemic A/C problem last year. :cool:

Its so humid here that as I go up my driveway, the water trail left behind from the A/C drain looks like the NSX has needs Depends! :biggrin:

Today is slated for 99 F and high humidity. Probably hot and wet enough to cook corn on the cob by leaving it out on the picnic table!:eek:

It's rough here in New York. I hate the winter but lately I've been wishing for a nice cold day.

It's rough here in New York. I hate the winter but lately I've been wishing for a nice cold day.

I don't care how hot and humid it is outside just as long as I get to drive. As soon as Winter arrives we're all going to be bitching about how our cars are being stored away for months.

As a matter of fact, I'll probably be the one to start the thread.

I don't care how hot and humid it is outside just as long as I get to drive. As soon as Winter arrives we're all going to be bitching about how our cars are being stored away for months.

As a matter of fact, I'll probably be the one to start the thread.

+1 thanks steve :biggrin:

Dewpoints, as mentioned above by BrianK, are a better measure of humidity than percent humidity, because the latter depends on the air temperature. The warmer the air, the more humidity it can hold, so hotter air with X percent humidity is a lot more humid than cooler air with the same percent humidity.

The dewpoint is the temperature at which the same amount of moisture in the air would be 100 percent humidity. When dewpoints reach the mid to upper sixties, most people feel uncomfortable from the humidity. This range is common in much of the northern part of the country (Chicago, New York, etc). It is highly unusual for dewpoints to reach the mid-seventies up north; that's the level of humidity commonly experienced in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast. But dewpoints of 75 have been experienced on and off over the past few weeks in much of the Midwest (including Chicago) and the Northeast (including New York/New Jersey).

Back