Hugabuga window regulator Issue

Hey guys I would like some assistance with this window kit, I just installed the Hugabuga kit on the passenger side and it works well on the way down but when I try to lift the window it wont go up all the way just half way and then stops. I have to let go the switch and then do it again in order for me to close the window. Any ideas what could have gone wrong?? or advice to fix the issue. Nico

When I installed my Teflon clips, I ran it up and down by before final install to make sure no binding. Don't remove them till you've at least manually ran them up/down. Just unbolt the window and try it like that.

Hi,

did you also upgraded the sleeve inside the motor?
if so, when you got the hole wider in the white gears, did you center it well ??

and when you installed the pulley, did the cable moved freely inside it ??

did you correctly set the springs on each cable as they should??

sorry for these questions, but trying to check things out.

Nuno

Hi,

did you also upgraded the sleeve inside the motor?
if so, when you got the hole wider in the white gears, did you center it well ??

and when you installed the pulley, did the cable moved freely inside it ??

did you correctly set the springs on each cable as they should??

sorry for these questions, but trying to check things out.

Nuno

I did not upgrade the sleeves, mine were in pretty good shape. The cables were in the same position I found them. I think I might just need to sand the Teflon thingys. If it was a wire it wouldn't work properly throughout the sliding bar but its only the one section.

Hi,

i think sanding the teflon is not a good idea...

check if all of them are pressed all the way into their position (they do like a click)

and did you lube everything with that white thing Hugo recommends?

Nuno

The urea grease from Honda is expensive but even though the container seems really small, especially for the price, it is probably a lifetime supply. Well worth it, imho. I installed Hugo's kit on the driver's side window a few months ago. A year ago I had the passenger side regulator rebuilt after the cable end snapped. I regreased the tracks in both doors when I did the Hugabuga upgrade and the windows work great.

The problem could also be one I experienced. After installing the driver's side kit I was bench testing the assembly and noticed the slider binding on the track about half-way up. The cause seemed to be deformation of the metal guide that slides up and down in the track. Turned out the best fix I could find was to retain one of the old oem rubber guides and replace the other three with Hugo's nylon guides.

Are these still for sale btw ?

Well I finally fixed the sliding problem just to find myself with another stupid one. I was trying to put all the pieces together and noticed that now I have extra wire coming from one of the sides, last time when I was putting everything together I barely have any wire now I have over an inch. I don't know if the wire stretched or what. Im adding some pictures.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375136548051.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375136548051.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 409
that extra wire connects is to the top cap. when fully inserted.

- - - Updated - - -

also you not snug enough those rubber gromets should me compressed more. where the wire goes into the black grommet then spins around the wheel should be fully compressed.

useing a screwdrive to hold it in place works for a few second, you need to have a clamp hold it while installing the top cap

I checked and double checked everything, springs are not compressed because I was taking the picture at that moment. After compressed springs, use the clamp to hold the bottom cap in place the excess of wire wouldn't allow me to set the top cap in place. So idk what's the deal. Hey Shawn do you have a window regulator sitting in your shop?? ;-)

Did you watch his YouTube video's?

Me and a local Nsx did this. I can't really help to much since he was the brains behind the operation but I do remember this.

Drilling in the center
Clean slides and apply new grease
Little C clamp saves life
Flat head screw driver is equally important
Rolling the wires back correctly
And loading/twisting something before reinstalling.

They seem to work fine. I think they could be adjusted someday "or the window anyways" but thats all I recall since it was awhile ago.

We followed Hugo's directions and watched the videos

Back