Votes: 16 29.6%
  • $100,000 - $200,000

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NRG

Experienced Member
Since the HSC is coming out, i'm just curious what you guys think the MSRP will be at...

My guess is around the same price tag as the NSX...$90,000. Consumers will probably pay $10,000 over MSRP during the first year though...probably hit the $100,000 mark. I guess I'll be able to afford of these bad boys 15 years later hehhee.

seems logical to be mass-produced...

hmmm... I was thinking of making a poll of what you would be willing to pay for the HSC (w/o mention of performance or other specs... but one could generalize knowing Honda). I still may make the poll, once the other polls have been exhausted by the 'Primers. :smile:

As of now, I think the HSC will be priced $60-70k (mass-produced). I will be very pleased to be wrong, hopefully!

If the HSC was what it was cued to be originally, more powerful than the NSX, lighter than the NSX, composed of composite materials, and possibly even hybrid... I'd be willing to pay upto $105k. And I'd join the queue to acquire it.
:cool:

I don't think a 350hp NSX/HSC at 80-90k is going to be a success. Either with enthusiasts or the perception of the general public. And who's going to walk into an Acura dealership b/c of a 350hp car that is nominally, if at all, better than the current NSX. If the next NSX is indeed a 350hp car, it better be very light weight, have incredible brakes, true paddle shifted gearbox (ala SMG), and handle leaps above the current NSX. If so, I'd buy one, at 50-60k.

Ponyboy said:
I don't think a 350hp NSX/HSC at 80-90k is going to be a success. Either with enthusiasts or the perception of the general public. And who's going to walk into an Acura dealership b/c of a 350hp car that is nominally, if at all, better than the current NSX. If the next NSX is indeed a 350hp car, it better be very light weight, have incredible brakes, true paddle shifted gearbox (ala SMG), and handle leaps above the current NSX. If so, I'd buy one, at 50-60k.

I dont understand the low price tag people place for the HSC. The existing NSX trade for well over 60k for a used '02-'05. Someone please explain this to me. The HSC looks incredible in my opinion. Is it due to mass production hunch?

Last edited:
It all depends on the horsepower and the target competitors. If the car has 300hp only, then under $60k is being realistic. The car has to be light enough to beat the C6. I am no expert but with today's technology and strategy of sharing parts, producing a mid-engine car is no longer as expensive as before. If the HSC wants to be successful, it cannot be more expensive than the SC430, or the SLK55 which are obviously more expensive and more complicated to produce. We can picture the HSC to be a very potent Elise which is about $40k or even a killer MR2 which is $25k. If the competitor is the Porsche Carrera S, then it has to have at least 330hp with a price of no more than $70k. If Honda is ambitious enough to challenge the F430, then a 400hp 3.6 liter mated to a sub 2900lb body can charge the current $90k.
Being a diehard Honda fan, of course I want to see the HSC to challenge the big boys like Ferrari and Porsche just like the NSX did 15 years ago. I will hate to see the HSC being just a Corvette competitor and a dime a dozen.
Steve

I agree WHITNSX...lets compete with the big boys.
When is the release date for the HSC?

HSC = HONDA SUPERCHARGEDDDDDD!!! :biggrin:

Can you imagine if the HSC price is around 50K? You'll see them in every corner like the M3 and Boxster.... Would I buy one then? Hmm...tough decision...I sold the M3 because it you see them everywhere (didn't feel unique and special to own one). ....

I don't think HSC is going to be around 50K anyway... What's going to happen to their line of RL (in the 50s range)?

vtec888 said:
Can you imagine if the HSC price is around 50K? You'll see them in every corner like the M3 and Boxster.... Would I buy one then? Hmm...tough decision...I sold the M3 because it you see them everywhere (didn't feel unique and special to own one). ....

I don't think HSC is going to be around 50K anyway... What's going to happen to their line of RL (in the 50s range)?
As I said, it all depends on the HSC's intended segment of the market. If it just wants to compete with the M3 and the Vette, then you will see it everywhere and should be a $50k+ car. The RL? The biggest advantage of Honda over Ferrari is its huge asset and econobox lineups. Every bit and piece of parts is much cheaper at Honda than the tiny Ferrari's operation. If the HSC shares the engine and parts with the RL and being mass produced, then the HSC should not be much more expensive than the RL. Have you seen the RL? The RL is 4WD and totally packed with mega-luxury and hi-tech gadgets plus some. It might be even less expensive to build the HSC. Nowadays, building a NSX caliber car is much cheaper than 15 years ago. The current NSX is still handbuilt with the same material and unique parts not shared with the other Hondas. The production sequence is simply dinosaur like hence the extremely high production cost. Even if the HSC is $60k let say, it is still $20k more than a Lotus Elise. It'd better be at least $20k better than the Elise.
Then again, if the HSC truly wants to run with the big dogs with 400hp and price tag of $80k to $90k, I'll buy. If Chevy can build a $65k 500hp Z06, I don't see why Honda cannot build a 300hp HSC under $55k. By same token, a $80k 400hp+ HSC.
Steve

Do you think they may be competing against the upcoming GT-R from Nissan? I recall they were looking at pricing in the 60-70,000 range.

If Acura leaves the 799 lease deal in place for the HSC there will be a HSC sitting in my garage!

So you think you can get a fully loaded Porsche 911 s for 70 k. On what planet. By the time you add a bose stereo, adjustable seats, leather, climate contol etc. you are nearer to $90 k. If you doubt try going to your local Porsche dealer and seeing what is available. The car will cost what the car costs period. If you don't want one, don't buy it. I cannot believe what people think someone owes them.

leasing!

steveny said:
If Acura leaves the 799 lease deal in place for the HSC there will be a HSC sitting in my garage!

hmmm... Great minds think alike!!! :cool:

For the people who leased a brand-new NSX-T, ie. '02-'05 models at $799/month +ttl... the MSRP of the NSX was roughly $89k, so leasing for 3yrs and then choosing not to buy it at the buy-out price but instead getting a 3yr old NSX on the open market following lease termination... would the that be less expensive than buying-out the NSX you had leased directly from Acura?
:confused:

I dont like the lease. $799x36=$29k in cost + $4k initial down =$33k in total cost. You can likely buy the car for $83k (easy), so $83k+~10%tax and reg = $91k total purchase price. If the car depreciates to $58k then it is the same deal as the lease, youre no better, no worse. Last time I checked, a 3 year old NSX goes for more than $58k, so youre worse off by a few grand if you lease. Unless you plan on beating it up or racking on the miles. but then youre limited again. If you buy the car from the get go a few years old, but low mileage (i.e. getting the '02 with low miles for low to mid $60's) your downside is bounded. As some of the people on the forum say, the depreciation rate flattens out, which makes sense.

Just my "back of napkin" analyisis.

supra2nv said:
I dont like the lease. $799x36=$29k in cost + $4k initial down =$33k in total cost. You can likely buy the car for $83k (easy), so $83k+~10%tax and reg = $91k total purchase price. If the car depreciates to $58k then it is the same deal as the lease, youre no better, no worse. Last time I checked, a 3 year old NSX goes for more than $58k, so youre worse off by a few grand if you lease. Unless you plan on beating it up or racking on the miles. but then youre limited again. If you buy the car from the get go a few years old, but low mileage (i.e. getting the '02 with low miles for low to mid $60's) your downside is bounded. As some of the people on the forum say, the depreciation rate flattens out, which makes sense.

The problem for most is having to deal w/ trying to sell it. Also, trading it in would get u less than 60k i would think. The lease works out to be same if you bought the car for sticker but no one pays sticker now. But your right about racking up miles, if u put 10k more @ 15cents per, then it works out to about the same as buying one at 81k and selling it w/ 30+k miles. Thats my scrappy math. :redface:

supra2nv said:

The payment on a 91k car note for 60 monnths would be 1759.28 at 6%. I would rather drive the exact same car and keep the 1000 extra bucks in my pocket each month.
When the lease is up turn the car in, get a new car with close to the same lease payment.
Try and lease any other car for 799 a month which has a 91k price tag. I bet dollars to donuts you won't find one.

steveny said:
The payment on a 91k car note for 60 monnths would be 1759.28 at 6%. I would rather drive the exact same car and keep the 1000 extra bucks in my pocket each month.
When the lease is up turn the car in, get a new car with close to the same lease payment.
Try and lease any other car for 799 a month which has a 91k price tag. I bet dollars to donuts you won't find one.

I just ran some estimates and youre right the lease is better, but not by $1000 a month, but rather by about $200 a month. when you pay the $799 on the lease, the entire amount goes out the window. On your $1759 pmt, your balance goes down to $39.694.50 after 36 months ($1759 pays both principal and interest). So when you sell the car you will likely get low to mid $60's. Say $64k for arguments sake. So you paid $12k in interest for 36 months, you paid $51k in principal, so $63k in costs. But you get back $24k when you sell the car ($64k less payoff of $39.6k). So in the end you paid $39k in costs vs the lease at $33k in total costs. Not only is it cheaper, it also takes all the risk of having to sell the car off the table.

So again, you are right. I should have ran the numbers thoroughly before making my previous statement. I was lazy:) Also, I did not realize the lease is 24 months now? but still the lower depreciation and lease payments from 36months to 24month analysis will cancel each other out.

But my main point is that I like to buy a car when it is near its bottom. I would never buy a brand new NSX, nor any car for that matter. The initial hit is nearly impossible to get back.

Jack

Back