HRE wheels quality?

I love the look of HRE wheels, and know that they are extremely high quality (custom made). However, the price of the rims are much higher than what I can comfortably afford.

For much less price, you can get a nice set of Japanese 3-piece rims that are made by Volk (like GT-P), Work (like Equip or Rezaxx), Blitzz (Z1?) or Racing Hart(M5?) or other companies.

How are the quality of HRE rims compare to these other 3-piece rims in terms of strength or durability?

Strength, durability, quality? Who knows, but boy are they shiny ;-) Worth every penny. I have them on 3 of my vehicles and don't regret it. They have held up well to both road and track driving.

Best regards,

Ben

I think HRE sets a differnet standard on rims..yes I love the Japanese 3 piece and have owned about 5 sets of them including my current SSR's...BUT I know that HRE's are expensive and SHINY...

If I had the $$ I would go for it, if you bend one of them , its easier to get them taken apart and repaired with HRE then with a japanese dealer...I have also bent a set of BLITZ & Zepters(and dont remember hitting anything bad), and is a KILLER to find authentic replacement parts..

What sets hre,kinesis, fikse apart from other imported wheels is made to order offsets and customer service.

Hmmm.. this makes me like HREs even more. Perhaps, I should wait and save more money till I can afford the set. I would really like their R series (540R or 840R), but they only come in 18/19 which I believe may be too much for the roads in Boston
frown.gif

Back