how to check if its in Snap ring range

Check up at the top of the page and click on the ''Wiki'' section, if i remember right there is some info in there about it, possibly a list of vin. numbers ?? I am not positive though

In addition to checking the numbers on a car you might buy, also remove the inspection cap which covers the snap ring.That way, you can look right at it to see if it's intact. I bought a '92 in the snap ring range and the car shifted perfectly. However, when I actually inspected the snap ring ( after I bought it), about 1/3 of it had broken off and was sitting on the threads of the inspection hole.

In addition to checking the numbers on a car you might buy, also remove the inspection cap which covers the snap ring.That way, you can look right at it to see if it's intact. I bought a '92 in the snap ring range and the car shifted perfectly. However, when I actually inspected the snap ring ( after I bought it), about 1/3 of it had broken off and was sitting on the threads of the inspection hole.

:eek:

Transmission case numbers from J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978. Not all fail, but many have been reported here on Prime.

However, Why are some transmissions serial numbers start with a C, unlike other transmissions who start with the J??

Does any one know the answer to above? ^^^^

Back