how much is original NSX suspension kits for 1995-2000

Hi, I plan to purchase a NSX soon.
but I want to install the original NSX suspension kits (springs + damper)
according to the car's production year (or factory spec)

I check the used car section.
many NSXs have aftermarket brands for suspension (unavoidable due to the car's age)

so, I just want to check how much the job will cost to send the car back to HONDA/ACURA service center and replace the shocks back to original parts?

Thx

Not being a smart ass, but if you call the Acura Service Center near you - they'll be glad to tell you. The springs and dampers are still available.

If you don't mind slightly used those are also available from time to time on our Prime Market site. What comes off these cars that is in good shape is often sold.

For example, I am puting Swift lowering springs on my car and bilsteins and had just recently bought a set of shocks and springs off of an 05 with 19k miles. They are still in very good condition. I will sell those when I get around to installing my new stuff.

Hope that helps. Good luck in your search. BTW for sure if you find an early car - 91 or so - the shocks will need replacing anyway.

Hi, I plan to purchase a NSX soon.
but I want to install the original NSX suspension kits (springs + damper)
according to the car's production year (or factory spec)

I check the used car section.
many NSXs have aftermarket brands for suspension (unavoidable due to the car's age)

so, I just want to check how much the job will cost to send the car back to HONDA/ACURA service center and replace the shocks back to original parts?

Thx

Hi, Tim

Thank you for your answer.
The fact is I am still living in HK, and I will buy my NSX as soon as I move to Texas early next year. (a '95-'00)

That's why I need to ask for the cost in the forum.
Thx for the help!

Personally, if it were me, I'd buy the factory springs (used of course) and purchase the Bilstein dampers.
Springs don't really fail and the Bilstein struts carry a lifetime warranty (whereas the OEM probably does not carry such a long warranty). Also the Bilsteins allow you to chose the height (via an adjustable perch), either factory height or 7/8" lower.
Lastly, note that the NSX-T dampers and the NSX Coupe dampers are different (not sure about the springs). According to the Wiki, the NSX-T dampers are 7%-32% softer than the coupes depending on wheel travel speed. The Bilstein strut set is the same regardless of year ('91-'05) or Coupe vs. Targa.
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Model_Information

Hi, Tim

Thank you for your answer.
The fact is I am still living in HK, and I will buy my NSX as soon as I move to Texas early next year. (a '95-'00)

That's why I need to ask for the cost in the forum.
Thx for the help!

I would recommend increasing your search to include the '01 model too, it's identical to the '00 model. :smile:
Also, if you have the money, spring for the '97-'01. They have a larger engine, more power and better gearing. . . I kind of wish I did.

Personally, if it were me, I'd buy the factory springs (used of course) and purchase the Bilstein dampers.
Springs don't really fail and the Bilstein struts carry a lifetime warranty (whereas the OEM probably does not carry such a long warranty). Also the Bilsteins allow you to chose the height (via an adjustable perch), either factory height or 7/8" lower.
Lastly, note that the NSX-T dampers and the NSX Coupe dampers are different (not sure about the springs). According to the Wiki, the NSX-T dampers are 7%-32% softer than the coupes depending on wheel travel speed. The Bilstein strut set is the same regardless of year ('91-'05) or Coupe vs. Targa.
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Model_Information

Can the bilsteins be used with Eibachs? I have eibach pros which lower my car 1 to 1.25, but bottom out. Maybe the bilsteins will help :confused:

Thanks

Sorry I don't mean to hijack but I think it's a great segway

Can the bilsteins be used with Eibachs? I have eibach pros which lower my car 1 to 1.25, but bottom out. Maybe the bilsteins will help :confused:

Thanks

Sorry I don't mean to hijack but I think it's a great segway

Yes, that is my current setup. Eibachs with the Bilsteins set to the upper (OEM height) perch.

:cool: how much did you lower and do you have part numbers / bilstein source?

Back