how much is it worth?

My boss wants to sell me his 1992 nsx. It is almost new. It has 13K miles on it and smells like new. It sits in the garage with a cover on it never geting out and he wants it out of the way.
He has a Benx v-12 SLC now and never drives the car at all.
He is the oriingal owner.
Please let me know what you think it should go for.
Thanks
Ron:confused:

need more info, pls...

oregonnsx said:
My boss wants to sell me his 1992 nsx. It is almost new. It has 13K miles on it and smells like new. It sits in the garage with a cover on it never geting out and he wants it out of the way.
He has a Benx v-12 SLC now and never drives the car at all.
He is the oriingal owner.
Please let me know what you think it should go for.
Thanks
Ron:confused:

- V.I.N.?

- Is it a clean/unblemished NSX? (ie. clean-title, no accidents/collisions, no paintwork, etc)

-* Is it a 5spd or automatic?

-* Is the transmission in "snap-ring" range? (check FAQ's & "search" for more details; $1800-$2000 preventative fix for parts & labor.)

-* What is the maint'/service history? (ie. 4yr/60k = $650-$850 & 6yr/90k = $1250-$1450)

- Are the tires original OEM Yokohama A-O22H's? (ie. dry-rot)

- Any aftermarket mod's or add-ons? (ie. exhaust, stereo, wheels, etc.)

- Any mechanical/electrical issues (stereo/speaker amps, climate control, etc)?

- Interior/exterior condition (scale: 0-10)?

Assuming that everything above has been addressed for the most part, seems like a fair $37,500 to $39,500 in this market.

Goodluck.

clean title
oringinal - original
mo add ons
factory bra and car cover
5 spd
red on black
6 cd's

what issues would I have right off the bat?
Anything to look for?
I will ask about the tires and the service.
Ron:biggrin:

Do a search (for info) and see if its in snap ring range.
Ever any paint work? Timing belt ever been replaced?
Sounds nice. Looked at a 91 with 9k mi. was going to buy for $36k.
Seller changed his mind. If everything checks out I would say $36-$38k.
Deduct for over due maint. Even though you two are close, still have it checked out by a 3rd party mech. familiar with NSX's.

snap ring range?
I have no idea what this means- new to nsx's
loved them, just never thought I would be able to buy one.
I will try to find an acura dealer close to him. Will they give me the OK?
Thanks
Ron

Are you not even curious what the snap ring range is ???

It has been mentioned twice already in this thread and you are still

oregonnsx said:
snap ring range?

Lets hope that the Acura dealer where and if you decide to do the PPI will know what it is also.

Early NSX's, primarily 92 and 91 respectively had a problem with the tranny box. This is huge when purchasing an NSX and your questions can be answered in the FAQ section or a search in the forums. No snap-ring range and 60k service done on the car you're talking about, I'd pay 34k to 37k myself for that clean a car. Just my thoughts. Others may disagree, and that's okay. Just my thought as a recent purchaser/ new owner. Hope this helps a little!

Rob

P.S. And if you don't take it and he REALLY wants to get rid of it, I'll take it off his hands for 25k and relegate it to the backyard to 'collect dust'.

Prices are SOOOOOO subjective for an NSX. If you didn't see yet, NSX's run about 20 to 25% higher than blue book and purchase price has SO much to do with mileage, records, owner history, and overall condition. A '91 NSX can sell from anywhere from 22k to 38k depending on treatment. I spent a long time looking before I bought and found lemons in the 1995/ 35k range to 1991/38k peaches (see PT91's ad). It's all about what you want and are willing to pay. Any NSX is a treat though (as long as it runs well). Again, my opinions as a mere browser on this site, no expert by any means!!!

Forget the snap ring & timing belt. $25K is about 10k under its actual resale value. If its straight, buy it & post some pic's.:smile:

oregonnsx said:
He wants 30K and the snap ring has never been replaced. What do you guys think?:confused:
Ron

Tell him to fix the snap ring, and T belt. and then give him 30k...

oregonnsx said:
He wants 30K and the snap ring has never been replaced. What do you guys think?:confused:
Ron

Pay him, that is still a deal and a half.

In my state a car like that will sell for mid to upper $30K. $30K even if it was in snap ring range IMHO is a great deal provided the car is really as good as you say it is.

oregonnsx said:
Ron

Have you determined if in fact the car is in the snap ring range? People here have been very helpful, but they can't/won't lead you by the hand. If you want to possibly save yourself thousands of dollars, not to mention headaches, check to see if this car is in the snap ring range. Go to the FAQs page and read.

Back