How much $$ for 05?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting rid of my 04 M3 and coming back to a NSX :biggrin: . How much should i expect to pay for a 05 NSX? I got a offer for $85k for a 05 red nsx along with a crappy trade in value for my m3.
Do you guys think $85K is a good deal?

thanks in advance

I don't think that's a good deal, but that's just me. I thought on the lease deal they were selling the NSX for around $82-83K cap cost. I would think you should at least be able to get that price on a purchase. Maybe not. I'd call around for different offers.

NsNSX- does a red/ebony interest you? If so, PM ME..

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
NsNSX- does a red/ebony interest you? If so, PM ME..
92 NSX red/ebony #1109 5 spd, 35k
There has never been an NSX interior color called "ebony" in North America. The darkest color interior is called "black" for '91-96 and "onyx" for '97-05.

Too bad - otherwise, we could have been singing... ;)

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but awhile back didn't someone post saying they bought one brand new for about $75k? Or am I just....... well you know :biggrin:

NsSeX said:
I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but awhile back didn't someone post saying they bought one brand new for about $75k? Or am I just....... well you know :biggrin:
Dealers are not going to sell cars at a loss. So you need to understand the dealer's cost, including rebates and other incentives, in order to know how low they can go.

Right now, the only incentives Acura is offering on the 2005 NSX are low APR financing, and the lease deal. If you're paying cash, there aren't any incentives. However, there is still a $5K dealer incentive on any new 2004 NSX that was in their inventory on 9/8/2004 (which probably covers any 2004 NSX that's still available new).

The 2005 NSX has a sticker price (MSRP) of $89,765, including $765 shipping. The dealer invoice is $79,978, including $765 shipping. Last time I checked, Acura was deducting 2 percent of base MSRP (which would be $1780) from that as the holdback, but dealers rarely dip into their holdback when selling a car. So basically, you're looking at paying a dealer the $79,978 invoice plus whatever profit they add on to that. $75K? Not going to happen. $80K? Probably not. Can you do better than $85K? You might be able to buy one for $82-83K if you shop around (but it might not be from a dealer in your area, which could make it worth paying a little more to you).

Now, if you're talking about buying a new 2004 that's sitting at a dealer, the dealer cost is $5K less, thanks to the Acura incentive, so you ought to be able to get it for $5K less than the price of a new 2005.

Thanks Nsxtasy for clearing that up for me :smile: I am shopping around right now looking for the best deal. Came across a white 00 with comptech exhaust. Funny thing about this car is that its been sitting in the show room for about a year now and hasn't been sold. Kinda suspicious about it......

Well after careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion and have accepted my fate that I will not be able to get into a new nsx for awhile :frown: .
I just can't justify the huge hit I will take if I trade in my M3. I would like to thank all of you for your help and stick around and chime in once in awhile :D

can u sell the M3 to an M-enthusiast. there has to be a board for those like this is for the NSX. amybe take longer but worth the money. As much as I love these NSX i dunno why someone would buy a brand new one. one that's 2 yrs old would do just fine right? Just my opinion, im currently a studnet and 50 bucks is alot of money right now :):):) lol someday NSX.

Well I could, but I don't believe that I can get a fair price. I checked autotrader and such to check out how much other 04 m3's are being sold at, and well for the price I want to sell at, they're not selling :frown:
Also I don't mind buying another nsx that isn't new. Its just that I can't find one locally, and I'm not so sure about buying out of state

seems to me that whatever they are selling for in autotrader would be close to a fair price. if you want more than that, that would probably be an un-fair price :).

i've been looking around at m3's myself just casually, what i want is just too expensive for me right now.

Thats the thing, on autotrader 04 m3's are selling at around 49k-bout 51k i believe. Well they're not selling and thats about the price range of what i was looking to sell my car for.

NsSeX said:
I just can't justify the huge hit I will take if I trade in my M3.
That's typical of any new car. You know what they say - the car loses $10K in value the instant you drive it off the lot. And basically, you need to accept that when you're buying a new car; that's a downside of buying new.

If you are buying a car that you think you might want to sell a year later, you're much better off buying a car that's at least a few years old (if you care about not losing a lot of money when you sell it). The older the car, the less you're likely to lose in reselling it a year later, all else being equal. Definitely a better deal for anyone who likes to change cars fairly frequently...

I purchased an end of model year, new, 2000 NSX in Feb. 2001 for $74,995. The MSRP at the time was $88,000 and Acura was offering the dealers $5,000 incentive to move the last years model. The invoice price at that time was $75,000 so the dealer still made the $5000 from Acura on the deal and I got the car at invoice. There is a god!

NsSeX said:
the blue book price for a 03 m3 is about 46k.
Blue book isn't always accurate.

For example, right now there are 319 2003 M3s listed on Autotrader. Average asking price is $48,669. My experience with Autotrader is that about 20 percent of the cars are listed with prices that are unrealistically high (skewing the average), and the rest can usually be bargained down, typically by 5-10 percent. Based on that, I would guess that a better average for an '03 M3 is more like $43-44K.

I thought your M3 was a 2004? If so, what does a 2003 price have to do with it?

NsSeX said:
The Dealers offered me 41k.
Which, on a trade-in, depending on the laws in your area, may reduce the amount of sales tax you pay on the car you're buying by 6.5 percent of the trade-in value. So that $41K offer is worth the same amount of money to you as selling it for $43,665.

If you don't think it's a fair offer, you can always try selling it yourself...

I think I saw a 2003 NSX with 2000 miles on Autotrader for 89K. WOWie....so yeah..autotrader is not acurate. It all depends on the demand and supply for the car. Usually, the people who can afford to pay this kind of price are the rich folks who would rather pay the extra money to buy a new car.

You never know...maybe some rich kid comes along and ask daddy to buy him your M3....

Engel07 said:
I think I saw a 2003 NSX with 2000 miles on Autotrader for 89K. WOWie....so yeah..autotrader is not acurate.
Actually, my point was that Autotrader CAN BE accurate, but you have to know how to use it - in other words, by eliminating the ridiculously high examples, and adjusting the remaining listings for the difference between asking price (what's in the listing) and actual selling price (what you can actually buy the car for, after negotiating downward).

For example, right now there are five 2003 NSXs shown on Autotrader, with selling prices all in the $73-78K range. If there were one with an $89K price, I would ignore that listing. To the rest, I would apply the 5-10 percent difference between asking and selling price - and I would guess that, on such a late-model car, the difference would be pretty darn close to 10 percent - and come up with an average selling price in the upper sixties ($65-68K), which you can probably buy most of these cars for.

You would normally need to make significant adjustments for differences in mileage and condition, but again, such differences tend to be minor on a 1-2 year old car.

Back