How Much Added Value Doing TB/WP

So if one were considering selling, how much does value do you think it adds to the final sales price to perform the timing belt/water pump. Can get it done here for around $1600. So does that small investment in order to ensure the next buyer peace of mind really pay off? I have receipts for everything else, shocks, springs, CV boots, wheel studs, lug nuts, headers, exhaust, AC module repair from Brian, ignition switch, etc.

So if one were considering selling, how much does value do you think it adds to the final sales price to perform the timing belt/water pump. Can get it done here for around $1600. So does that small investment in order to ensure the next buyer peace of mind really pay off? I have receipts for everything else, shocks, springs, CV boots, wheel studs, lug nuts, headers, exhaust, AC module repair from Brian, ignition switch, etc.
IMHO, it doesn't so much add to the value, as to it doesn't take away from the value. Also, it helps assure the new owner, that the car was properly maintained, and not neglected. I'd rather buy an over maintained car, than one that was "under maintained", any day!!!

Probably a fair bit - if someone were considering your car vs another, up to date maintenance is likely to swing the buyer towards your car with all other things being roughly equal. In full disclosure, I bought my car without the TB/WP done and the fact that it wasn't made no impact on my decision to buy the car - but I am also not like normal people (just ask the people who know me ;) )

Purchasers of older exotics (like ours) like to see complete, detailed service histories. Doing the change now would add to the history that it sounds like you already have.

When I purchased my NSX a couple of years, the PO had every record from new--including dealer-installed windshield wiper blades. That overwhelmed the niggles I would have normally used to negotiate the price down (couple of scratches, head unit display dark, etc.).

What it really shows is that the Car was well maintened and care for during it's past life, thereby eliminating any questions in the Buyers mind about the asking price.
A well care for NSX will always sell for a better price.

Bram

What it really shows is that the Car was well maintained and care for during it's past life, thereby eliminating any questions in the Buyers mind about the asking price.
A well care for NSX will always sell for a better price.Bram

Agree with Bram.
A buyer who really wants an NSX and is prepared to pay for a good one, will always want a well maintained example.
My rule of thumb has always been to maintain the NSX as if I was going to keep it indefinitely and keep detailed records of everything.
When it's time to sell, the key is to find that buyer that's being looking for a good specimen, and that includes the records.
My experience is once the right buyer is found, price is usually not an issue.

Agree with Bram.
A buyer who really wants an NSX and is prepared to pay for a good one, will always want a well maintained example.
My rule of thumb has always been to maintain the NSX as if I was going to keep it indefinitely and keep detailed records of everything.
When it's time to sell, the key is to find that buyer that's being looking for a good specimen, and that includes the records.
My experience is once the right buyer is found, price is usually not an issue.

Nice new Avatar JD.:wink:

Back