how many Zanardi's? 50 or 51?

Awesome story and great find! I could be mistaken but this is the first time I've read of Miguel Duhamel owning an NSX or a Zanardi specifically.

A quick Google search shows that there was an August 2003 issue of American Motorcyclist that had photos of him, the Zanardi NSX, and an MDX. Anecdotal comments state that his Zanardi "wasn't even stamped or labeled as one of the #50 manufactured."

Here's the reference: http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41715

EDIT: here's the article: http://books.google.com/books?id=5v...6AEwCw#v=onepage&q=miguel duHamel NSX&f=false

Last edited:
Interesting read, I think there are actually 2 "00" Zanardi's made.

I think i remember seeing his name in our celebrity owned thread.....

so there may be 52 Zanardi's out there? I have heard of Duhamel getting one from Honda before. he was a Factory Honda Superbike rider for a long time, so it makes perfect sense.

Alex Zanardi himself, was his car one of the stamped 50 originals?

From the NSX Wiki .. "Information on the Zanardi VINs was made easier through previous efforts by The Kid (and others) to maintain an informal "Zanardi Registry" thread on Prime. In various sources, it says that there were 50 Zanardi NSXs produced but according to Ben's research from US Honda in that thread, there were 51 VINs identified as Zanardi models and according to the thread itself there were 52 (0 to 51). Part of the discrepancy may be in the fact that according to this source, Alex Zanardi was given Zanardi #01 and it was converted to a European VIN. Zanardi #00 was believed to be a press car. So, if those are not counted, then there technically are 50 US Zanardi NSXs."

there's also the 1998 zanardi "prototype" that was for sale a while back on PRIME, don't know whether or not that was legit or if it was just a red '98 coupe with zanardi/type S bits put on aftermarket.

Last edited:
so there may be 52 Zanardi's out there?

I don't think so - Duhamel has an NSX with Zanardi parts. He should have demanded a numbered and documented actual Zanardi. So considering the information posted here, there would only be possibly 51 Zanardi NSXs.

there's also the 1998 zanardi "prototype" that was for sale a while back on PRIME, don't know whether or not that was legit or if it was just a red '98 coupe with zanardi/type S bits put on aftermarket.

Thats Major Stoner's car, no one is 100% sure what that car is but its pretty amazing. I also know of a silver 99 coupe that was ordered new out of Acura of Boston. The owner had it spec'd out with plenty of Zanardi bits.

So, Kid. When you gonna let #24 go? :wink:

That will NEVER happen, I love the car and the Prime community. No matter what I drive, double the price, triple the horsepower...nothing is like my Zanardi.

Miguel Duhamel's is JH4NA2129XT000178. If you carfax the VIN, it lists "Type-S Alex Zanardi", but I heard that it does not have a Zanardi plate and is not numbered. His VIN sequentially follows Z#50 which ends in 177.

Bob

The zanardi plates were not put on the car by honda at the factory. They were made in the USA and put on the car when they arrived at the port in the USA by American Honda. So the above makes sense

The zanardi plates were not put on the car by honda at the factory. They were made in the USA and put on the car when they arrived at the port in the USA by American Honda. So the above makes sense

Interesting fact, how'd you hear this? Just curious

Wow, I have been asleep at the wheel during our move. Just like we thought, the window sticker says Zanardi, CarFax says Zanardi, but no numbered plate. History will tell us if this may be considered a bargain.

Back