How I spent 2 weeks in El Centro

Returned from spending almost two weeks in El Centro California. There is a whole lot of nothing there. Below is a picture from my hotel room. I was not there on vacation. I was told that last year during the summer, the temps reached 130 for almost two weeks. :eek: Kind of like hell I suppose. I did get into the 90's while I was there and it was only March.

fc77366f.jpg

Anyway, have a good day and a better tomorrow.

G...
Hope you were just visting!

Before I left college, one of my teachers had said if he had to do
it all over again, he would work in El Centro for a few years to save money, then move on. Since this guy was pretty sharp, I thought it would be a good idea to check it out.

It was hot enough that the weatherstrips on the cars were melting, there wasn't much to see for miles around and the cost of living wasn't all that much less than anywhere else.

I'm glad I stayed in Northern Cal..

Charles
93 Wht/Blk..TEIN/Tubi

Joel said:
Where's El Centro?!

BFE, CA.

Its about 2.6 hours SE of San Diego. There's a military base there and not much else.

I spent one afternoon there a few years ago for a Blue Angels show (a good buddy of mine is a Blue). The show was awesome. The town... not so much.

Don't let the picture fool you. I stayed at a golf resort and of course, they water the lawn every night. I was in El Centro on job related work. My new job keeps me traveling. I go to San Luis Obispo next week, a much nicer venue.

Hi Charles....the cost of houses there in El Centro is much less than most of California I suspect. I did price a house near the golf course and it was pretty reasonable compared to the Sacramento area. Just glad I was there when I was and not in the summer.

Looks like you would almost expect to see a Bradley rolling down the road.

-J

Back