How has the NSX affected your social life?

Let's hear the stories.

For me, at my previous company, all the women wanted rides. One girl in particular who did not know I owned the NSX, told a colleague of mine while walking past my NSX, "I would sleep with whoever owns that car."

And she was the girl that all the men at my work drooled over
biggrin.gif

------------------
'95 NSX-T: comptech exhaust, eibachs, bilsteins, WW front spoiler, 17/18 Work Wheels
'95 M3
'99 A4

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Let's hear the stories.
One girl in particular who did not know I owned the NSX, told a colleague of mine while walking past my NSX, "I would sleep with whoever owns that car."

And .... did she?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

If I was gay, it would be great!
biggrin.gif

As far as two legs with two X chromosomes, it seems to only work on the under 17 crowd, so I have started carrying a bag of lollypops behind the passenger seat!
wink.gif

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Originally posted by NetViper:
And .... did she?

I would tell you... but certain things are just not appropriate for sharing with the entire world on the Internet, don't you think?
wink.gif

------------------
'95 NSX-T: comptech exhaust, eibachs, bilsteins, WW front spoiler, 17/18 Work Wheels
'95 M3
'99 A4

It seems the people that the NSX generally attracts is men, 15 to 40. Many women I know look at the car and automatically think it's a corvette. Unfortunately, it's sad and true.

You may laugh, but when I take out the Miata (a car that is known to be "girly") instead of the NSX, I get more attention from women. Scary but true.

Mike

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
One girl in particular who did not know I owned the NSX, told a colleague of mine while walking past my NSX, "I would sleep with whoever owns that car."

I say invite her to the next NSXPO.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Some of my neighbors (mostly the men) haven't said a word to me since I got my NSX. I don't know if they are mad at me or just haven't had anything to say. It's weird though.

I do have a major improvement to my social life coming up when my wife and I visit her parents in Chicago during the Auto Show next weekend. I get to hang out with some NSX owners on Saturday evening instead of sitting around with the in-laws.
smile.gif

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T #49
Silverstone/Black
9000 miles
No Mods

Originally posted by Russ:
I say invite her to the next NSXPO.

Hahahahahah too funny! I think that could possibly be the best post ever to this forum. I better get an NSX by then!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I agree that the NSX or anything out of the ordinary sports exotic will attract men and young teeny bopper "rice" boys. In rides in a friends NSX so many men notice and turn heads, occasionaly women look but just to glance, and think "oh cool car"...I just drive a Rx7TT on some nice Blitz03 rims and all the time i get Men(young & old) before hot women, women notice but dont really say anything..

------------------
93RX7TT-(4sale for NSX!)
95 Legend LS Coupe
89 Mazda MPV-Daily Beater

well, in florida the nsx got hardly a look. once in a while someone would say something, but very rarely. the diablo on the other hand,makes people silly.ive had girls pull up and flash their boobs many times, heard the car is a "jean creamer" and many women just jump in the passanger seat, which seems to happen whenever im with my fiancee. now that im in arizona, i have noticed that the nsx does get alot more attention, plenty of compliments, etc. i cant wait to see what the diablo does!

You may laugh, but when I take out the Miata (a car that is known to be "girly") instead of the NSX, I get more attention from women

I take it you don't have a NSX-T.

I've noticed that my NSX attracts more women with the roof panel removed. Of course, I'm married, so I don't need a car to do such things for me. But my wife does enjoy the car more when the roof is off...unless the temperature outside is REALLY REALLY HOT.
biggrin.gif

As for how the NSX has affected my social life...I didn't have a social life before getting my NSX! Of course, some may argue that I STILL don't have much of a social life since I spend so much time working and hanging around these online forums!

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 13 February 2002).]

in florida the nsx was hardly noticed. once in a blue moon someone would say something, and even then it wouldnt be overly dramatic. it was actually a welcome change compared to the diablo which makes people do silly things, like females exposing there breasts, jumping in your car(usually happens when im with fiancee) or refering to the car as a JEAN CREAMER. now here in arizona people seem to really take notice of the nsx. ive been here only a few days and have gotten many compliments and thumbs up. i cant wait till the diablo gets here.

Hardly get noticed by girls, but boy do the teenage boys notice! I also get almost 10 times as many looks after the car is washed and when the "targa" top is removed. The more recent female encounters were usually: "Nice car! My son would love to see it!" he he he... My single life has not changed because of the NSX, but that's not why I bought it.

One interesting side effect is that people now remember me around town. When I walk into various stores, they recognize me as the guy with the Yellow NSX. I usually get better service because of it
smile.gif

-tim

in kansas city most people dont seem to know what it is... ive had a few people say nice car.

i get the usual tag-alongs running down the interstate trying to check it out.

a few girls have asked about it but no one has jumped in the passenger seat yet. this is a good thing since my wife has esp-p. she could tell me if a woman asked me what time it is, let alone jumped in my nsx!!

the nsx is a eye catcher even here in vegas, i get thumbs up all the time. i just added a 360 ferrari to our garage last week, every head turns when i drive it to work! i still love my trusty nsx though!

"It's okay, she's with me."..."And, so is she."..."Yeah, her too."

Originally posted by vegasnsx:
the nsx is a eye catcher even here in vegas, i get thumbs up all the time. i just added a 360 ferrari to our garage last week, every head turns when i drive it to work! i still love my trusty nsx though!

What do you do for a "job" to be so gifted as to have a 360 and an NSX? Maybe I need to switch professions!

Originally posted by DONYMO:
What do you do for a "job" to be so gifted as to have a 360 and an NSX? Maybe I need to switch professions!
i own a company that details biz jets here in vegas for executive jet, i have over 400 jets from citaion ultras to boeing business jets to take care of.

I've found that in the part of Brooklyn I live, any reasonably exotic car will get roughly the same amount of attention...

You name it and I see it regularly: Diablo, Countach, Lotus, Pantera, every conceivable Ferrari. The NSX definitely holds up in the attention department... Even the Vette got lots of compliments...

Who'd have thought that Brooklyn would be friendly compared to some places????
wink.gif

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
It affected my life by making me a loser...

I don't think it took a car to make you a loser!
biggrin.gif

On another note, I have four tickets to the Miami Grand Prix in two weeks if anyone else is interested in going.

Maybe we can have a mini NSx meet at the track?

yo brooklyn, im glad to hear the nsx gets the attention in that fast company.

out here in cowtown kc nobody knows what the hell it is, now a ferrari they would know(i guess they saw one on tv)

i guess there is hope for my beloved nsx if im willing to travel....

ps. appreciate the posts...

Back