How good is the air in the NSX?

All you people that live in hot parts of the country, does the A/C do a good jog of cooling down the car?

I mean on a 100+ Texas type summer day?

I live in louisiana.. so i know what you are talking about. I have a 93 and it cools down quickly and stays cool... no need to worry... but that black leather gets HOT.. OUCH!

2003 911 Porsche Twin Turbo / 2002 Yellow ZO6 Vette / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 2002 Graphite Viper GTS / 2002 Candy Red Prowler/ 2001 Orange Prowler / 2001 Silver Prowler / 2002 H1 Hummer / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck

Now, that's an impressive line of cars.

NetViper said:
I live in louisiana.. so i know what you are talking about. I have a 93 and it cools down quickly and stays cool... no need to worry... but that black leather gets HOT.. OUCH!

the blk leather does get hott......but you really need to watch out for that metal badge on the early model nsx's

Thanks for the replies.

Tom, thanks for the offer but several years ago, the wife asked me to stop "trading" cars so often, I stopped. Now I just keep them :D. I told her...be careful what you wish for...

Last edited:
Hi Steve.

Damn it that you are married and I am a guy :) :)

I guess you have a huge garage to fit all those cars.

Impressive.

Regards

but you really need to watch out for that metal badge on the early model nsx's

Tell me bout it!!! That NSX DOHC VTEC badge on the center console BURNS!!!!

I live in Florida...hot, humid, bright sun pretty much all year. I've been a new NSX owner (no winter/fall yet) and its ok...if you have black leather, get used to sweaty backs when you drive anywhere for too long...

The A/C is good though...better than my old mustang. I just hate teh side mounted door vents...they suck suck suck!

I live in Arizona, just got my 2000 a month ago.. weather is now in the 100's (105 today!) and I have had absolutely no problem with the AC. It cools down rather quickly, to the point I adjust the setting on my drive home.. I don't have my windows tinted yet, and my car is out in the sun at work, but it still cools down as nicely (and quickly) as my I-30. Hope that helps!

Back