How does the new 2001 M3 compare to NSX

My friend just bought a 2001 M3.
I have a 1994 NSX basically stock
Our cars are going to have a friendly get together autocrosssing and 1/4 mile.

How do these two cars compare performance & handling wise?

However a couple months ago I drag raced a friends 2001 M5 and I barely beat him.

if your car is stock with a 3.0l engine he will beat you in a straight line. they weigh ~300 pounds more, so that might impact the auto-x in your favor, but he might have the power r driving skill to overcome.

They are making around 330 hp, which puts them in the same straight line performance area as a stock 3.2l based on the NSX 3.2l being lighter.

I had the opportunity to mess around with one once, and was clearly faster in a straight line, but I have headers/exhast/airbox on a 3.2l. have fun, be safe.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I was in thunderhill with one. He is slightly faster than me in straight line. But I can say that we're very close. He is probably faster by 1 second per lap but most likely due to his driving skill.

come on andrie, better driver than you? please...

keep in mind Andrie's NSX is not stock, but is 3.0 .

Just the other day I got the chance to go head to head w/ a brand new Black M3 on the freeway onramp. I got a much better start than him so I got ahead of him, but I was not pulling ahead of him(given that we both readline at 8k). He was still right behind me by the time we hit 80mph and we both eased off then. He still had the temp plate so the engine definitely wasn't broken in. Mine is bone stock 3.2L

Originally posted by justin hall:
come on andrie, better driver than you? please...

keep in mind Andrie's NSX is not stock, but is 3.0 .

hehehe, he is a very fast driver. We are pretty even driving karts, but in cars, he has slight edge on me. Definitely faster driver and been killing the field in BMWCCA club race the past few years.

My car is 3.0 with intake, headers, exhaust and Dinan chip.

Back