How do you feel when these boxes arrive

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys a Client of mine, wants to lower his 2001 I told him goto SOS website and buy something awesome. he agreed.

so when the boxes arrive its like Christmas but its not even for my NSX LOL the fun I have doing Builds makes everything worth it in the end.

bumps in the road makes your life stronger.

but my question for this thread is on a scale of 1-10 how do you feel when SOS boxes arrive?

happy to play and have fun installing them?

Happy to get someone to do it for you and your NSX is gonna look sick bad azz?

Happy to have a roof over your head so the boxes have a place to arrive to?

Happy the wife let you buy one more G-D upgrade for your NSX?

Sad it cost you more money cuz the NSX seems like a money pit for upgrades?

2013-04-25_08-58-47_586.jpg

Im always happy when boxes show up at home.

Sometimes when it's something I really really really am excited for (car related or not) i find myself checking the tracking website till it says delivered when I'm at work lol.

I was extra happy with mine since it took me 3 days and a hot pursuit to get mine finally last night.

I needed brake pads for the track this weekend and was meeting larry b monday night to tech the car and get it ready. On the way up I stop home to pick up the ups delivery only to find they require a signature and so I couldn't have larry do it.

I left a letter authorizing release based upon my signature and copy of ID. Came back tuesday night to find slip #2 saying no good, I have to be home. Get someone on the phone at midnight who tells me it will come off the truck and be waiting for me when they open at 11 am wednesday.

Well, wednesday morning I have a court appearance to argue first amendment issues against the local newspaper and am happy that it ends in time to hit ups when they open. As I get to the front of the line I am told it was on the truck out for delivery and while standing there the driver entered on his computer that he tried for the final time at 11:00 that morning, nobody was home again so it was being returned to SOS.

Now, I live in a relatively small town with 1/4 mile of antique shops, spas, a deli and market as the "commercial area" and not much else except for private, windy roads where many houses cannot be seen from the road. Fun to drive but difficult to navigate and look for a UPS truck. Nevertheless, I venture back to try to locate the driver.

They give me a number to call where they could contact the driver. But, in Pound Ridge only about 20% of the area is serviced by a cell tower so there is virtually no chance of reaching the driver. So I spent 23 calls to them to get the last address where he entered a signature into the computer and then tried to race back to catch him where I think he might be going.

Remember the lack of cell service comment? Well when I would call to get his last know delivery I would have to drive outside of town to get a signal, wait for confirmation and then race back into where he might be next. Two hours later I never got him.

They told me to come last night to the sorting facility and wait for him to return after hours to get my delivery. They close at 6:30 but I was able to wait at the guard's desk until the truck returned at 9:15 pm and they located my pads 30 minutes later. The driver then came out with the supervisor to see who was chasing a big brown UPS truck all over Pound Ridge in an Acura NSX.

So the bottom line is, yes, I am always happy when I FINALLY receive my SOS package..........

I hear ya, the "first amendment issues against the local newspaper" I figured it out the day it happened.

even though these parts are for another NSX I am happy to open them and see the fresh new parts, do you guys smell the new parts when you open the package?

thats the real test if they are new the smell LOL

the ups guy is at my house 3 times a week.....delivering crap my wife ordered:eek:

I have no money left for my own crap..........:frown:

Def when the wife lets me buy something new. I drive across the border to pick my parts up, so I don't get the chance to hear the UPS truck.

I'm happy about receiving any kind of packages in general. Invoices don't come in boxes, only good things come in boxes.

Except for that one time when I had first moved out and my parents sent over a fat envelope filled with unforwarded mail and old bills. Thanks, mom and dad.

but my question for this thread is on a scale of 1-10 how do you feel when SOS boxes arrive?

Wouldn't know, I just drive over there :biggrin:

Nice story about chasing the UPS guy, been there, done that

Im always happy when boxes show up at home.

Sometimes when it's something I really really really am excited for (car related or not) i find myself checking the tracking website till it says delivered when I'm at work lol.
That's me 100%. Also, I can't explain this one, but if it's something I'm really really really excited about getting, I track it again AFTER I get the package! lol ::Shrug::

When UPS and those packages come to my house I'm 56 going on 7 years old. It's just like Christmas or a birthday at that age for me. If the package has something to do with improving the looks or the performance of my car... even better. Once, I think I even lost sleep in anticipation of a Pride V2 exhaust delivery. Hearing that UPS or FedEx truck turn into my street is like the icecream truck to my son.

I use to be excited when packages arrive. Now I hate it. It means I need to somehow allocate some spare time to install goodies.

I use to be excited when packages arrive. Now I hate it. It means I need to somehow allocate some spare time to install goodies.

This, somewhat. I had my box of SOS goodies arrive last week (shift knob, licence plate bracket, handbrake button, hatch struts and brake lines) and still haven't installed all of them.

The brake lines I was going to do once I'd repainted the calipers though... So a bit of a time consuming job to do properly.

Back