How can I tell if...

Pure newbie here, just got home w/ my car ('91) yesterday, so pardon my ignorance.

How can I tell if...

--the timing belt cover is the new style?

--if my trans is in the 'bad' snap ring range?

--if I can replace my crappy Bose w/ anything newer.

I'm sure there will be more to follow.

Scott

The timing belt cover doesn'y matter at all. I donot think there are any differences for the 3.0l engine.

Your tranny #: Check the FAq to see it it is in the range of the snap-ring issue. Many aren't.

You are a newbie here; so, you are allowed to ask a few like this.

Search is your friend. You can find answers to these and many other questions by using the search.

The FAQ section is also very helpfull for, oddly enough, frequently asked questions.

Sorry Mr. Wolf, but I just couldn't resist.

In 1997 with the new design of the water pump the weep hole in the lower cover was moved. If you look into the engine bay and look down at the alternator belt, follow the belt down on the rear side (trunk side). If you see a brass nipple extending out of the lower timing cover, just below and left of the large round bump in the cover, it is a new cover or a modified old cover. If you don't see the brass colored nipple you probably still have the original water pump.

You will need the new pump, but you can modify the old cover.

Go here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm
for the trans info. I will probably get scolded by the Forums Nazi for making this too easy for you!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.......

So on your next post you are no longer a newbie:D

I will leave the stereo info for you to find with the FAQ search.

Good Luck and Welcome:),
LarryB

Cool, Thanks.

trans #: J4A4-1001332, before snap ring range apparently.

Old style timing cover, no worries.

:D

Mucho grassyass

Back