How can a 6'5" guy fit into an NSX?

I am serious!

I love the NSX, and I saw one at the Dublin, OH car show last week-end.

I went to the dealer in Columbus today and I intended to buy the car, but I could not fit!

Problem #1 - My size 13 feet did not have enough room to operate the clutch and brake without problems. I think that I could fix this problem, or I could settle for an automatic.

Problem #2 - Head clearance, I think I need 2-3" more headroom at the A Pillar. I have heard rumors of some seat mods that can make a little more room at the bottom, but I think that I would also have to modify the A pillar to get more clearance at the head.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I currently have a '02 Corvette and I fit fine. The difference is the A Pillar in the Corvette is farther back, behind my head.

I do not want to give up yet. Please help.

I think Daliracing or Science Of Speed makes a slightly thinner seat cushion for the car which may reduce your height sitting in the drivers seat.

I'm 6'5.5" (210lbs) and I fit with the stock cushion but took some work playin with the seat.

One of the first mods I did was the Dali Cushion. It helped a lot but my big feet get in the way a bit but you get used to it.

DO NOT GET AN AUTO.

I'm 6'5.5" (210lbs) and I fit with the stock cushion but took some work playin with the seat.

One of the first mods I did was the Dali Cushion. It helped a lot but my big feet get in the way a bit but you get used to it.

DO NOT GET AN AUTO.

I agree about not getting an AUTO, but I think that I can modify the pedals to spread them out more. I can also wear tennis shoes that are not as wide as my usual NEW BALANCE 134E.

With the Dali Cushion, I hope to pick up 1.5-2". That will make it close.

But the model I am looking at is the 2005 NSX-T, and with the seat all the way back and fully reclined, my head hits the A Pillar (which gets thicker as it goes further back). What would really help is if I could remove the upholstery from the cross piece and reduce the thickness, then recover.

I realize that the A Pillar is structural, but I am sure that it could be cut down some without compromising safety.

Has anybody cut out a portion of the A Pillar ?

I am 6'7" and still "fit" in the car. the size 13 shoes, that may be a problem. yes, I could use more room, but I always wanted an NSX, so I make it work.

I am 6'6, shoe size 15 and I weigh 255 pounds and I fit in the NSX. I did get the dali racing seat cushion to give me just about a 1/2 inch plus of headroom. As far as the pedals I can work the pedals just fine. There is problem if I am not wearing my Nikes.

1. Yes (I'm 6'5", size 15 shoes)

2. If you had done a search for "tall driver" or "headroom" in the owners forum & prospective owners forum you would already have an answer since this has been brought up many times.

3. A-pillar is at side of windshield. B-pillar is by your head with seat moved back. You have to mean B-pillar, not A.

4. Don't recline the seat all the way (note- I said recline as in seatback. The seat bottom is all the way back) This puts your head below the lowest part of the roofline. I keep mine a couple inches closer to upright to take advantage of the highest part of the roof curvature. Headroom is still tight & it messes up my hair. But this car is well worth it.

I wish I was a little bit taller, Good Luck!

Ditto. Why are we discussing this on two forums? Are you not satisfied with the advice given here?

I apologize profusely for posting my problem on two forums, but I am a "newbie" and I was not sure where to post.

On one hand, I posted in the New and Prospective Owners section because that is what I am, and my question about headroom was very general and preliminary. Yes, I did a search and found a lot of useful info, but I felt that a new thread would best address my specific concern.

Secondly, I posted my problem in the "tech" section because I wanted to ask about the possibility of modifying the "B Pillar" to get more head room, which is a technical question. I did not mean to be redundant or offend anyone, just trying to do everything I can to get my XXL frame into one of these great cars.

All of the info from this forum is very much appreciated and has helped me make the decision to go ahead and purchase an '05 NSX-T. I am very excited about the purchase.

Thanks to all. This is a great forum!

No, I sit directly in the seat pan with no cushion.

Well actually... I do have a tan terrycloth towel to sit on. BioBanker has my Dali cushion. :smile: It is really not as uncomfortable as it sounds, but I can only ride about 60-90 minutes at time without getting out to stretch.

...and I can't wear a helmet without taking the T-top off... hence the Subaru for the track...

Regarding having enough room for your feet, I found that removing the lower cover of the dashboard on the driver's side (above the pedals) gives lots more room. Before I did that, the tip of my shoe always scraped on the cover when I went from the gas to the brake. If I remember correctly, you lose the footwell light if you remove that cover, but it 's worth it for the extra room and you can't see that anything is different when sitting in the seat.

Back