HOUSTON: Accord/Acura Meet 1/29/05

Hello everyone,

I am a lurker from www.houston-imports.com. I would like to invite you all to our Accord/Acura meet on 1/29/05 in NW Houston. Here is a link below:

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/image.php?u=8252&dateline=1094436180

Here are some pictures from out last meet on 12/12/04, which was a BBQ:

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142122

We would appreciate your attendance. :smile:

Ormand

accordacurameet12905Large.jpg

Anyone going? I'm might be able to make it. I'll call my buddy with his S2k that's on Houston-Imports and maybe we'll roll out together.

Regards,
- Z

Our meets are held 1x/month and are usually at this Tropical Tapioca spot, as described in the link above.

The last meet we had was a BBQ and was very successful. I was talking it over with my colleagues and we wanted to invite you to our next BBQ at BearCreek Park either in Spring or Summer this year, but I think it's best if we invited you to one of our 'regular' meets so we can get to know each other a little beforehand. Consider this an icebreaker.

We are trying to get more proactive in getting more Acura and Accord-related vehicles out there. We invite all cars to our meets, but lately our "accord" number has been dwindling as some people are exiting the scene. The "prelude" guys are facing the same problem.

I know there are TSX/CL/TL enthusiasts out there, but they are very hard to find in Houston. I think inviting your NSX group would be a great way to "raise the bar" of our meets.

I know there is a strong NSX presence in Texas, particularly in Austin, and somewhat in Houston. I think you will enjoy our car meet and will want to come to our future meets, especially the next BBQ we have. We are all mature individuals who appreciate all cars and great roads.

We hope to see some of you there, and we hope that those that attend will spread the word to other NSX enthusiasts and others.

Ormand

PS- if anyone has any questions, please post them here - I check this forum every other day and will gladly answer any questions you have here.

NSX FoYoAss said:
Anyone going? I'm might be able to make it. I'll call my buddy with his S2k that's on Houston-Imports and maybe we'll roll out together.

Regards,
- Z

Can't make this one...I'm leading a two wheeled ride that day.

SamBel said:
Can't make this one...I'm leading a two wheeled ride that day.

The meet is at night, 830pm-11pm. Afterwards, we will probably caravan to another carmeet, known as "StarNet Meet" near 1960 and Aldine.

NSX FoYoAss said:

Regards,
- Z

Hmmm...the correct link states 8:30P...I can do this if you can get someof the gang together to run over there for a bit. 11:30 is a bit past my bedtime :wink:

SamBel said:
Hmmm...the correct link states 8:30P...I can do this if you can get someof the gang together to run over there for a bit. 11:30 is a bit past my bedtime :wink:

You can come at 830pm if you'd like, but most people tend to show up late around 930-10pm or so. Nevertheless, we (ACCA) shall be there at 830pm SHARP! :wink: There is no 'official' end time for the meet, but it usually expires around 11pm or so. Again, we will probably be caravaning to another meet (StarNet meet) after our Accord Meet. The StarNet meet lasts til 2am or beyond, since that's when the internet cafe closes.

The meet spot is very well lit and makes for excellent photograph oppurtunities. We always make sure we get plenty of pictures at our Accord Meet, evident through our previous BBQ Meet Thread (posted above).

Here is a picture of my car at the same location...

accordmeet116a4fb.jpg

And just so nobody has any bad 1st impressions, we don't know how large this meet will be since most people are starting school this week and may be busy (even if it's a saturday night). Also, the weather may impact our meet. And lastly, our meet is now competing with another regular meet in N Houston. So if you don't see the place packed with cars, do not worry...our meets always get bigger and better.

The Accord Meet is one of the older and most successful regular car meets in Houston. It has been around for nearly 2 years (almost a decade if you consider ICCH (Import Car Club of Houston), "Accord Extremes", the roots of www.houston-imports.com). This is one of the few meets in Houston that seems to spread more by word-of-mouth than through forums. We have our meets once a month on a Saturday night at the same location. We will be having another BBQ meet on a Sunday afternoon sometime in the spring or summer, either at Bear Creek Park (NW Houston) or at the beach, depending on a poll. I will let you all know about that meet because that is a meet you **definently** don't want to miss!

We really would like to extend our meet over to different groups, such as yours, to help spread the word and make it larger and better. We look forward to seeing some (hopefully many) of you there :)

Ormand :redface:

PS- Sorry about the bump :tongue:

I dunno man.....I got someone's birthday that weekend, but those plans aren't confirmed yet. You can put me down as a maybe. Maybe I'll stop by and check it out before/after my plans begin!?

Take care bro,
- Z

NSX FoYoAss said:
I dunno man.....I got someone's birthday that weekend, but those plans aren't confirmed yet. You can put me down as a maybe. Maybe I'll stop by and check it out before/after my plans begin!?

Take care bro,
- Z

Cool :biggrin:

If you come, bring your friends along :) This is a family/friend-friendly meet. I hope to see you and other NSXs there.

If anyone has any questions, you can contact me on AOL IM: "ormand21". I am on most of the time.

I look forward to seeing the Houston NSX crowd at our meet

Ormand

For anyone interested in attending, please view Page 7 of the HI.com thread for the UPDATE post (it's in real big red letters)

We will be having a PRE-MEET DINNER at CHEDDARS 7:30pm for anyone interested. Please look for the "UPDATE" post on page 7 for details.

sorry guys, I had gotten a flat on my rear tire. I took the wheel off and then to Discount Tire for repair. Turns out there was a nail close to the edge that they said was not repairable. So there goes a perfectly good tire, down the drain. So when I got home, I didn't get around to putting the stocks back on, and left the car on jack stands. Next time....

For now, I'm off to look for another rear tire! :(

Regards,
- Z

NSX FoYoAss said:
sorry guys, I had gotten a flat on my rear tire. I took the wheel off and then to Discount Tire for repair. Turns out there was a nail close to the edge that they said was not repairable. So there goes a perfectly good tire, down the drain. So when I got home, I didn't get around to putting the stocks back on, and left the car on jack stands. Next time....

For now, I'm off to look for another rear tire! :(

Regards,
- Z

I had the same problem with my 225/40/18. Discount Tire didn't want to touch it, but were very eager to sell me another $160 tire :(

I would suggest 2 things, if you are a cheap ass like me :tongue: :

1) Bring it to a mom/pop tire repair place. I live in Texas City and I know of a tire shop in Dickinson who will repair anything. They repaired my current driver side rear tire, which had a nail embedded on the sidewall (I suspect the tire rolled during one of my 'stunta' moves, and ended up catching a nail in the process)

2) Try to repair it yourself. They have tire repair kits at all the auto parts stores. A patch should do the trick, even on a sidewall...just be a little cautious when driving.

Good luck on the repairs :)

Curb Rash

From the other forum.......jeez Patrick, those gorgeous rims so new, and already they are curbed rashed? :confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :redface: :eek:

Actually they are iForged Flux rims. I think I like them over the HREs IMHO!

I know Andy, I know. On the way to work one morning I was heading down Clay Rd. and a lady wearing all black was jogging in the tree lined median. Beings how it was 5am, dark and begining to rain, I slid into the curb as I hit the brakes. It was either that or hit her. This happened 2 days after I put the rims on the car!!! And do you know that she cussed me up and down for drving like a nut. I was doing 35 in a 40 due to the rain slick road. Shes lucky I didnt hit her, she ran out no more than 15 yards ahead of me. And Ormand, out of four rims you guys had to take pics of the ONE with a little rash, sheeesh!!!

Hey now, I didn't take the pictures :redface: Talk to AZNGUY83 and APOK - they were the cameramen. Next time, just let us know and we won't/will take pics per request.

If you need the wheels repaired, I will suggest 2 places:

1) SABS - $100/wheel, but they do everything and anything you want
2) There is a guy I know on Fondren (or is it Fountainview?) and 59S, off of Beverily Hills who works w/ OEM BMW wheels and does Porsche work. He does the work himself (he works w/ alumimum) and the turnaround is usually a day. If you are interested, let me know on AIM (ormand21) or HI.com (ormand).

Thanks for coming to our Accord/Acura meet - we look forward to you and others attending our future meets.

Our next meet will be 2/26, same time, same place.

Ormand

Hello guys I just wanted to let you know what type of person Ormand is. He randomly sends me instant messages on AOL with rude, abnoxious, offensive comments, always directed to NSX owners. Obviously I retaliated to his remarks in the beginning, and I have been ignoring his most recent remarks, but today I got this one, so I thought everyone here would enjoy reading what he thinks of NSX owners. FYI.

"ormand21: You know what? I decided I dont want to buy an NSX anymore because I don't want to be associated with a bunch of arrogant jerks like you."

Back