Hoooray for me :) i got an NSX

Ok....i just recently bought an NSX....Hooooray for me!!!..i'll put up some pics and more info later. Umm..I am having problems with the passenger's side window...I think it has a short...it was working but now it isnt...I cant put it up from either of the 2 switches...should I take it into the shop...how should i fix this...oh..and my brake lamp sometimes comes on..what exactly does that mean?

If the car is a '91-93, the problem with the window could mean that you need to replace the window regulator. Read the FAQ section on Troubleshooting - Power Windows. And if the driver's side has not yet been upgraded, get one of the inexpensive fix-it thingies now, before you have to replace the expensive window regulator on that side, too.

Its a 91 Red NSX with 19' 7 spoke konigs in the rear and 18s in the front..has aftermarker sway bars, aftermarket calipers and slotted brakes...momo shift knob with an ugly red boot that needs to go pronto...I have and alpine multi-media system sitting around from my last car...5755 & 1033 with a huge PPI amp...6.5" diamond hex's......
here is another question...I have a box with three 10" JL W6s...obviously that would go in the trunk...but i'm paranoid about the excessive bass would loosen some components in the engine compartment...I was thinking it would be a better idea to drop 1 13"JLW7 in the foot reast...there is already a box there with a crappy 12" idq

speedyizzy said:
Umm..I am having problems with the passenger's side window...I think it has a short...it was working but now it isnt...I cant put it up from either of the 2 switches...should I take it into the shop...how should i fix this...

Welcome aboard ! looking forward for your pix.

Before you do anything involving $$$ with your window, make sure that your passenger switch is on the "ON" position. I'm talking about the button mounted East-West on the driver's side left armrest. I'm mentioning this because after cleaning the interior of my car, the passenger window stoped working. My 1st thought too, was a short in the window due to the cleaning product I used to clean the car. But I had just put that switch in the OFF position by mistake. :rolleyes:

I believe this switch is like for the children security lock usually used for the back doors in sedan vehicles. No idea why Honda put one in a two door sports car... :confused:

I checked out that link for the window probs...thanks...but mines doesnt snap, crackle, or pop...and the window is already in its full upright positions...when i try to put it down it doesnt make any kind of noise...as if nothing is happening.....hmmmmmm

speedyizzy said:
Its a 91 Red NSX with 19' 7 spoke konigs in the rear and 18s in the front..
I just LOVE those nineteen foot wheels! They make the car sit up so high, you can see over all the other traffic, even the eighteen wheelers! Only problem is that they make it very difficult to get under most highway overpasses.

:D

There is a switch just above the driver's side window button marked On/Main. If it is in the Main position the passenger window will be locked. FYI, there is also a switch like this in the glove box for the trunk.

Congratulations to you. I too am a recent new owner. There is a plethora of information to be gleaned off this board and the FAQ. Literally hours and hours of reading. I have found that all of my questions could be answered by reading there or doing a search on this board.

Congratulations Speedy! Tell you what... im located near you (Duarte Ranch). Let's hook up this weekend and we'll swap stories/info.

Duarte Ranch...umm...Im close to duarte...for sure man...just let me know when you are available....

Regarding my window issues...I should be getting my multimedia system install this week...when to tech takes the door panel off imma fiddle with the switch and ask him to take a look at it...i've checked the on/off switch on the driver's side console...I will also check the fuse..if there is one for it..

I would not think that you would get any sound out of a box in the trunk. The trunk is seperated by the engine and the firewall and the firewall between the engine and the trunk. I put a 9' sub in the stock location and you can't tell it is there. Besides, who needs tunes? Just step on the gas a little harder!!

Steve said:
II put a 9' sub in the stock location and you can't tell it is there.

I guess that is to go with the 19 foot wheels?

You're getting slow, nsxtasy. :D

"!!!!! I have been trying to get my wife to understand the difference for sometime now.!!

speedyizzy said:
...I have a box with three 10" JL W6s...obviously that would go in the trunk...but i'm paranoid about the excessive bass would loosen some components in the engine compartment...I was thinking it would be a better idea to drop 1 13"JLW7 in the foot reast...there is already a box there with a crappy 12" idq

Umm, you picked the wrong car to put a mega bass stereo in. Putting all that stuff in the trunk is only going to result in lost trunk space and lost money, because I cannot see much of the sound quality coming through to a totally separated passenger cabin. You might want to think of a different plan for your stereo.

Back