honda V8 new engine!!

that picture is actually pretty old as i remember seeing it some time ago. i'm pretty sure this picture series (with the large carbon intake manifold) was to showcase the engines used in the ALMS cars when acura debuted in the series.

honda/acura has done extensive engine research/work with v8's as almost every indy/champ car of recent i have seen uses honda v8's pushing a lot of power. also include the ALMS cars. i believe other manufacturers are slated to join the racing series, but no word has been finalized as of yet. these engines will be beasts in terms of performance. just thinking on the limits of naturally aspired engines that honda has pushed with the b18c series engines, then the f20/f22, and of course the c30 and c32...this v8 should be a treat.

f22x2 = 4.4L ~500hp? possible.

Last edited:
I love how at the end of the article the guy gives Honda a nice rib.

now about that styling...[/I]

:biggrin:

My sources inside Honda corporate secretly forwarded me confirmation of the production V8...and a teaser pic:

05tas-05.jpg

:wink:

My sources inside Honda corporate secretly forwarded me confirmation of the production V8...and a teaser pic:

05tas-05.jpg

:wink:

I told you that picture was for your eyes only! :mad: :biggrin:

^ The engine with the ITB and carbon-fiber pan looks so beautiful.

A small V8 (maybe a 3.5L) engine should have been the engine put into the NA1 and NA2 NSX. Honestly, I think that would have made the NSX a perfect car.

They have the Honda V8 setting in our local dealership along with one of Danica Patrick's Indy cars. The carbon airbox on the TB's is some of the best carbon work I've seen.

On top of that, the Japanese company is going to put a 10-cylinder monster into the unnamed car that will replace its NSX, due out in 2010.

I like how they didn't call whatever supercar Honda comes up with next, an NSX.

As for a V8 powered RL, I'd buy one. I've been wanting a BMW or Lexus for a daily driver since I don't want to keep the NSX as a DD, and I can't always use my bike. Bring it Honda!

Honda Flirts with Development of V8

Date posted: 08-04-2005

TOKYO — A top Honda executive said the company may develop a V8, its biggest mass-production engine ever, by the end of the decade to meet customers' demands for more power.

"By around 2010, customers driving the Ridgeline now will need a stepped-up product," Honda Chief Executive President Takeo Fukui told a group of reporters. He added that a V8 engine was one possibility, along with a V6 hybrid or a diesel.

Honda surprised industry observers last month with plans to develop a V10 engine to power the successor to the NSX model, which will be retired this year.

"If we make a V10, we might just as well make a V8," Fukui said, according to Reuters. "I won't deny the possibility. We'll see how the V10 turns out, and make a decision in about three years' time."

source:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=106731

hrmm.. .V8 swap.... as long as it dosent involve too much surgery..

Screw the V8/V10. Just toss this in.

0502ht_hall_07_z.jpg

3.5 liter, lower the RPM from 14k to 10k, with 500/550HP on tap, stick it into S2K chassis and call it a day.

Last edited:
Screw the V8/V10. Just toss this in.

0502ht_hall_07_z.jpg

3.5 liter, lower the RPM from 14k to 10k, with 500/550HP on tap, stick it into S2K chassis and call it a day.

I believe the redline on that is closer to 19k, but I wouldn't mind that engine in my NSX, even at 10k RPM redline. And look at how small that multi disc clutch is! :eek: I think it was Inside Grand Prix on Speed that showed some insight into Formula 1 clutches.

I believe the redline on that is closer to 19k, but I wouldn't mind that engine in my NSX, even at 10k RPM redline. And look at how small that multi disc clutch is! :eek: I think it was Inside Grand Prix on Speed that showed some insight into Formula 1 clutches.

Actually no, they didn't reach 19k RPM till early 2000's. That was Honda's first 3.5L V12 in 1991. They reach the "stratosphere" height of 14.5k in 1992.

In fact, their 1986 1.5L V6 Turbo only had 12k RPM redline and put out as much as 1500hp during high boost.
0502ht_hall_07_z.jpg

I missed those glory days of Honda.

Last edited:
Actually no, they didn't reach 19k RPM till early 2000's. That was Honda's first 3.5L V12 in 1991. They reach the "stratosphere" height of 14.5k in 1992.

In fact, their 1986 1.5L V6 Turbo only had 12k RPM redline and put out as much as 1500hp during high boost.
0502ht_hall_07_z.jpg

I missed those glory days of Honda.

That right there is a V10, not a V12

i knew i wasn't counting wrong...hah.

i was watching that grand prix special when they explained the clutch mechanism on the formula one cars...suprisingly, the whole package is very similar to motorcycle clutches (at least the honda and suzuki 600's i've rebuilt).

Back