Honda Unsure about the NSX replacement ???

26000 light years from the nearest black hole
Experienced Honda watchers were convinced we would get some news of a replacement for Honda's supercar, the NSX. And so we did - but not quite as they predicted. Honda president Takeo Fukui has made it clear that he expects some Formula One grand prix wins before he will authorise the production of the new NSX.
----

I am getting a bit tired of Fukui and his comments. :mad:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...22.xml&sSheet=/motoring/2005/10/22/ixmot.html

The rumor coming out of Japan is that Takeo has been reading my posts and he, too, agrees with my infallible logic.

If it's on the internet it must be true right?

"Experienced Honda watchers were convinced we would get some news of a replacement for Honda's supercar, the NSX. And so we did - but not quite as they predicted. Honda president Takeo Fukui has made it clear that he expects some Formula One grand prix wins before he will authorise the production of the new NSX.

We have been teased with various concepts in the past, but all the smart money was on the new NSX having a large V8 engine, to be used in de-tuned form in Honda's big SUVs and trucks. "Oh, no, it's a V10 engine - we're working on it right now," said an engineer over dinner, and watched incredulously as a table full of journalists abandoned their chop sticks and reached for their pens…"

The 2nd paragraph was all I needed to read....if they build a V10, and price it right, and keep the mid engine.....we'll see what happens in a few years! Until then, happy motoring NSX.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Better Off getting a Gallardo SE ....... it will probably hold its value more.

Hi! Will it hold my driving interest more? I have a tendancy to believe the Ford GT would be the funnier to drive...

For sure I would make my decision after driving them both ...

Both of them are great cars.I have only seen one gallardo in the last couple months but I have seen 3 ford gt's(One was at a party for NetJets, I really wasn't looking at the car the Gulfstream 4 :biggrin: had my attention ).The mark up on the gt is insane.The dealers are making a killing.This is from a car they were not sure they would have a demand for?

hoops7k said:
Both of them are great cars.I have only seen one gallardo in the last couple months but I have seen 3 ford gt's(One was at a party for NetJets, I really wasn't looking at the car the Gulfstream 4 :biggrin: had my attention ).The mark up on the gt is insane.The dealers are making a killing.This is from a car they were not sure they would have a demand for?

Really??! I have yet to see on Ford GT on the road here in L.A. almost see a Gallardo every other day...but then again, I do live in L.A. :redface:

effer said:
Hi! Will it hold my driving interest more? I have a tendancy to believe the Ford GT would be the funnier to drive...

For sure I would make my decision after driving them both ...

I have driven both at the track, and while the GT is very fast, I would choose the Gallardo, as more SE's come in that would be the way to go.
If considering the GT, I hope your well under 6' tall, its very wide, but short.
Funny, because after driving the GT, I was very inpressed with its speed, but after a few laps its still just a Ford. (had a rattle, and was resistent going into second every lap)
Many other options for 175K+

I prefer one of these hotness...Murcielago over a Gallardo

008.jpg

liftcontrol said:
Experienced Honda watchers were convinced we would get some news of a replacement for Honda's supercar, the NSX. And so we did - but not quite as they predicted. Honda president Takeo Fukui has made it clear that he expects some Formula One grand prix wins before he will authorise the production of the new NSX.
----

I am getting a bit tired of Fukui and his comments. :mad:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...22.xml&sSheet=/motoring/2005/10/22/ixmot.html

We will have to wait 3 years then because there is no way on God's green Earth that Honda is going to win any F1 races next year.

I think the GT they had at the party I went to they wanted over 225,000.I just could not spend that much on a Ford.Lambo all the way if there is not an NSX replacement.The Murcielago would be the best.I have only seen two in Denver. One mint green and one yellow...

liftshard said:
The rumor coming out of Japan is that Takeo has been reading my posts and he, too, agrees with my infallible logic.

thats very arguable (ur infalliable logic)

Honda wasnt built on pure Logic.

Honda represents the Dreams of one man and his passion for competition - chiefly racing.

guess who that man was.

vtec888 said:
I prefer one of these hotness...Murcielago over a Gallardo
QUOTE]

I'm kinda comparing them too. The Murcielago is bigger and has the way cool vertical doors, but the Gallardo has a lot more Audi parts in it and so is reportedly much more reliable - more of a "next gen" Lambo. And cheaper, too. Decisions, decisions...

Edgemts said:
I have driven both at the track, and while the GT is very fast, I would choose the Gallardo, as more SE's come in that would be the way to go.
If considering the GT, I hope your well under 6' tall, its very wide, but short.
Funny, because after driving the GT, I was very inpressed with its speed, but after a few laps its still just a Ford. (had a rattle, and was resistent going into second every lap)
Many other options for 175K+

Nice!

What are the Gallardo SE specs?

Is the 4WD Gallardo feeling heavier and less nimble than the Ford?

I tend to prefer the GT layout...

Which car had the sharpest handling?

Back