Honda Radio Codes

My GSR's Radio code was printed on the under side of the battery cover, although I never changed the battery in 8 years of ownership

Some dealers hide the radio code on places like under the ash tray, and other places, but not all dealers do that. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a security code when on almost every Honda/Acura car forum you read posts about where their dealer hides the radio code. Fortunately my dealer never did such a thing and simply would enter the radio serial number into the computer and retrieve the radio code that way. Some dealers charge you for this service but fortuantely my dealer has not thus far. The dealers hide the code somewhere because they like to be able to simply pull the code from the hidden place when they remove power to service work rather than to have to go to the computer everytime. My personaly opinion is if you find the code in your car to put it in a safe place at home and remove it from the car. Checking ebay, even stock Honda/Acura radios can get a price of $50-$100.

In my Legend it was on the bottom of the radio. I found it after the dealer looked it up on his computer and provided it at no charge.

MarkB said:
On all of my Honda products that had radio codes, the codes were provided on a separate sheet of paper or a wallet sized card.

That is how my Legends we. It was on a hard credit card size plstic. Later that plastic card got a little thin, but it still provided separately and not hidden in or on the car.

92NSX said:
I wonder where all the other posts are that were before my first one?
It sounds like Lud may have taken an existing topic and split it into two. Sometimes he does this because there are two different subjects being discussed in a single topic, and they belong in different forums - for example a discussion about the non-existence of NSX radio codes that belongs in the technical or general discussion or stereo forum, and a discussion about radio codes in other Honda-Acura models that belongs in the off-topic forum.

He rarely deletes posts unless they are inappropriate for NSXprime (e.g. personal attacks, racist remarks, etc).

Back