Honda R D ... Anyone know the significance or story of their existence?

I ask because my car was delivered to that entity first and then sold ( I understand it was sort of a pre-dealer arrangement. ).

Any comments/education is appreciated.

Could have been for service training, a member on here dxd has a white 02plus that spent its first couple years as a regional training car for service of the nsx. Could have been for testing / photos a member here cmc has a 1998 coupe that was the photo car for the zanardi. It would be great to get a source for more info on your car and the two above

Could have been for service training, a member on here dxd has a white 02plus that spent its first couple years as a regional training car for service of the nsx. Could have been for testing / photos a member here cmc has a 1998 coupe that was the photo car for the zanardi. It would be great to get a source for more info on your car and the two above

Good call, SocalX.

The fellow that looked up my VIN on a national database said it was a very interesting fact to have been a Honda R D car. Said I should contact Honda as they might like to be aware of where the car is now, especially with the mileage and overall condition. The impression I received was that it was held back, from the dealer network (was it even up and going then?) for testing or show and then ultimately sold. When it sold to the first owner, it had 5 miles at delivery. Then, stayed in Cali the rest of it's (up to now that is) life.

I will have to look into it.

I'm assuming that was Honda R&D in Japan with only 5 miles on it. Most of the NSX's are delivered with as much as 50 miles on the clock because they left the production line to the test track for a speed test. I think they took them up to 100 or 120 mph before shipping them.

Back