Honda Japan NXS Launch Video

I was surprised at how much recycled content was in that 50+ minutes long mess.

How did they let Clement get up there in that goofy suit/shirt combo with no tie?

I can't believe he said something like they want to surpass the folks in Japan (bad form dude)

After seeing him bungle this one, I am not surprised they are having problems building and getting cars through QC

^^

Agree, inept. Here's hoping for better professionalism with a culture of attention to detail and excellence in the future.

Last edited:
I thought the new Nsx had an integrated brake light in it? From these videos I just see a faux brake light in the video?

I thought the new Nsx had an integrated brake light in it? From these videos I just see a faux brake light in the video?

Do you mean the 'Centre High-Mount Stop Light' just under the roof line?. It's there in the videos I've just taken a look at.

Do you mean the 'Centre High-Mount Stop Light' just under the roof line?. It's there in the videos I've just taken a look at.
I was referring to the plastic, in this case reflector that couples the tail lights. I thought it was led illuminated? Sorry, been so long since I saw the debut videos years ago. Just seems like a dumb idea if it is not in fact illuminated. Just reminds me of the 90's style accord coupe tails that are non functional in the middle. That is the classic iconic style of the original nsx in my opinion with a fully integrated led spoiler, which is the reason why I still have an oem spoiler on my na1. I love sitting behind the oem nsx with the brake light on.
It just seems like a missed opportunity if it is just a reflective chunk of plastic on the 2017.
I really dig the new nsx do not get me wrong. I just think for a lil fit and finish could have gone a very long way with the car.(shrug):-(

^^
I doubt the average buyer would be too worried. It's clearly a matter of personal taste, and I certainly wouldn't rate it all in my list of disappointments. As for 'fit and finish', I doubt a reflector strip represents shoddy assembly or design....

I was referring to the plastic, in this case reflector that couples the tail lights. I thought it was led illuminated? Sorry, been so long since I saw the debut videos years ago. Just seems like a dumb idea if it is not in fact illuminated. Just reminds me of the 90's style accord coupe tails that are non functional in the middle. That is the classic iconic style of the original nsx in my opinion with a fully integrated led spoiler, which is the reason why I still have an oem spoiler on my na1. I love sitting behind the oem nsx with the brake light on.
It just seems like a missed opportunity if it is just a reflective chunk of plastic on the 2017.
I really dig the new nsx do not get me wrong. I just think for a lil fit and finish could have gone a very long way with the car.(shrug):-(

No, you're right...in the superbowl commercial it lit up.
nsx_tail_no_more_lit1.png

nsx_tail_no_more_lit2.png

It seems like in recent video postings in this thread and elsewhere though, it's not lighting up when the brakes are applied :confused:. Even on the blue Motortrend vehicle it lit up.

I agree and hope they did not eliminate this gen 1 homage tribute. Maybe it only lights up when the headlights are on and the brakes applied?

Last edited:
Back