Honda Engine Builder-DFW

A friend of mine who has been in the automoitve industry a number of years keeps nagging me to see this guy and he swears he can build a strong motor for me. (I'll probaly just leave mine stock) Even though I'm not in the market for more horespower (that's a lie) my buddy said the owner of this shop built for Honda racing at one time and worked with Honda's engineering team. He started in aerospace, but also has the following automotive machine shop.

http://theoldone.com/

Not sure if anyone on Prime has heard of em.

thanks

A guy here in Tulsa had his entire NSX engine rebuilt by Endyne and is pleased with the results. The car is one of the old DAL motorsports/One Lap of America NSXs.

And yep, Endyne is world renowned for his B series heads and isn't too shabby on the K series as well.

A guy here in Tulsa had his entire NSX engine rebuilt by Endyne and is pleased with the results. The car is one of the old DAL motorsports/One Lap of America NSXs.

And yep, Endyne is world renowned for his B series heads and isn't too shabby on the K series as well.

World renowned in some quarters. Infamous in others. Owner Larry Widmer did a little work for one of the NASCAR teams way back in the day. There is much dispute about the quantity and quality of the work. Larry has never, as far as I know, done anything with any Honda factory team or engineering group. I'm pretty sure Larry has "creatively enhanced" his own reputation over the years and his fans have probably added to the embellishment of his actual resume. He's been around long enough and has enough Honda experience to know a trick or two. My worry would be about the things he thinks he knows but doesn't...a common problem with folks who have a little too high opinion of themselves.

Endyn has come a long way since operating out of Larry's house. Larry has a cult following who think he can work miracles. But then too, so did Jim Jones. He is better known for his B- and K- series head work and for enhancing or trashing (depending on who you talk to) Jackson Racing superchargers. I know lots of guys who swear by Endyn pistons, though. I've heard positive things about his cams and some of Endyn's other products also. Be aware that some Endyn products are just relabeled items from other suppliers. But I think the Endyn piston and cam shaft designs are Larry's. And I think headwork is done in-house.

Full Disclosure: My screen name, which dates back six or seven years on a couple of boards, is a parody of Larry's "The Old One" moniker and his use of "TOO" as a screen name on some boards. TOF of course stands for The Old F***.

Last edited:
Back