Honda designers getting surpassed by backyard builders

From the kit-car forum. One guy designed this and is building it from scratch.

You can follow the thread here:

http://www.kitcarsforum.com/build-diaries/polystyrene-plug-but-what-epoxy-to-coat-it/

side.jpg

GTT4.jpg

GTT7.jpg

compared to what the geniuses at Acura California came up with after 5 years and no doubt many millions of dollars:

Concept_Acura_Sedan_frntangle_tor_430.jpg

Concept_Acura_Sedan_side_tor_430.jpg

6698_80107122857.jpg

That is a nice design, maybe better than the new Lambo.
lamborghini-murcielado-replacement-spy-img_1.jpg

The black one in post #1 is being built on a porsche boxster chassis.

From the thread, this is the donor. He bought for ~$4000:
bfb0_27.JPG

I'm not promoting kit cars, I'm just pointing out that people with little or no automotive design background are coming up with much better looking material than Honda.

Last edited:
I gotta admit some of these guys are pretty talented...

First it was the homebuilt reventon
lamborghini-svoimi-rukami_11078_s__.jpg

Now someone is almost done with his enzo shell. Sadly I'm pretty sure hes planning on sticking an NSX under it though.
enzo032.jpg

At least they are giving it a proper aluminum chassis etc. Can't blame them for using the best since they invested so much time/$$.

Agreed, that car is hot. I'm just not so sure about that cheap looking wing. They should have done an NSXish wing on the back instead of a ricer looking one. It reminds me of the wing on the back of the S2000 CR.

Just to let you know this is my company who is making this car. We have already started taking orders. A few more pics of one of the finished panels below

Thanks for all the coments aswell :)

DSCF0026.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

That car is F-ing gorgeous. I would unload everything in my garage for something like that.

Back