Honda Civic Si

I have decided I cannot afford the NSX just yet and I need a new car. I was thining of a Civic Si. I found a 2000 with low miles. Anyone have any experience with this car?

------------------
NetViper -= looking to get an NSX before I turn 26! =- Didn't make 25 :(

I've kicked my CRX Si's ass for 160,000 miles, and the thing has never failed me. This includes three x-country drives and being put on a boat and taken to Germany for a year (autobahnen!). The car'll probably outlive me.

-Bob

I ended up getting it about 3 weeks ago. I have been to Clubsi.com non-stop since then. Those guys spend crazy amounts of money on thier civics! The only thing I am thinking of adding is a comptech icebox. But, thus far, I love the car. It will have to last until the NSX.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by NetViper:
The only thing I am thinking of adding is a comptech icebox.

The comptech Ice Box is ok.. yet they use a Sponge filter and it is EXPENSIVE.

A friend of mine has a AEM CAI Intake 2 Piece (harder to find) used for a good price let me know if your interested. FYI his website is www.turbocivicSi.com Check out what we did to his car..

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

A friend of mine has a AEM CAI Intake 2 Piece (harder to find) used for a good price let me know if your interested. FYI his website is www.turbocivicSi.com Check out what we did to his car..

I was thinking about the AEM, but too many people said it was just too loud. I am not interested in loud.

That civic is sure awesome. I really dont want to put much money into this car because I would really like to get an NSX.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Loud. well sort of.. The Ice Box is quiet.. yet if you want to save money go with the AEM and start saving for the NSX.

oh BTW stay out of the "Out There" Forum haha.. cant read that at work
smile.gif

Oh yea go check out my OLD Si http://www.geocities.com/j_fulmer/honda/2000SI/
------------------

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 19 July 2001).]

http://www.geocities.com/j_fulmer/honda/2000SI/[/quote]

Very nice looking civic SI. Sounds like I am on the same track as you are. Did you get the NSX after then SI? Must be a world of difference! I love your wheels!

I really don't want a loud car. Just attracts too much unwanted attention. The Icebox has a little better performance, and from what I understand, isnt much louder than stock.

------------------

Well the story goes like this..

1st I got a Brand new '99 BMW M3 (which is a POS)sold it and got the '00 Si.

Then sold it for what I paid this past march and got the '92 NSX.

yet loud.. hmm yea the AEM IS LOUD>>>

Also the rims are called 5 Ziegen GT8's

------------------

What problems did you have with your M3 if you don't mind me asking?

------------------
99 Trans Am WS.6
89 Camaro RS
76 Corvette
66 Chevelle Malibu

Originally posted by Justin:
What problems did you have with your M3 if you don't mind me asking?

all I can say "legaly" is this
Go to www.nhtsa.gov and do a recall search for a 1999 bmw m3.. Then look into the complaint database for my complaint.. and put them together with a lawyer.

Kind of got into a pissing match with them.. finally settled down the arguement early this year

------------------

Back