Honda builds 500HP RWD car...

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=435094

"The Honda Element-D ("D" for drifting) racecar shows what can happen when enthusiastic Honda associates raid the company parts bin. Built for the racing sport of drifting, the Honda Element-D racecar replaces the stock 4-cylinder/Real Time™ 4WD drivetrain with a custom-designed and longitudinally-mounted 3.2-liter Honda V6 and rear-wheel-drive. Producing 500-horsepower, the lightweight twin-turbocharged powerhouse is guaranteed to light up the rear tires and accelerate sideways at full opposite lock. Associates from Honda R&D Americas, Inc., in Ohio plan to campaign the Element-D in the 2007 Formula Drift Series."

So Honda CAN build RWD, 500HP car after all!

Is Honda using their money in the right places? I'd rather see a NSX Racing again in the Grand Am than a 500HP Element? :mad:

Im guessing thats a tl engine they used? Wonder wh they picked the element? Its gonna be prone to rolling over. And this thread should be moved to off topic cuz this has nuttin to do with new nsx :wink:

nsxtacey said:
Im guessing thats a tl engine they used? Wonder wh they picked the element? Its gonna be prone to rolling over. And this thread should be moved to off topic cuz this has nuttin to do with new nsx :wink:
That very well could have been the reason...ie to help promote 'look our box is so stable it doesnt roll over'..

Looks like who ever fabricated that intake box was eating some
Hershey's Kisses!!!
kisses.jpg

:biggrin:

WKA2006103149306_pv.jpg

amgnsx said:
Looks like who ever fabricated that intake box was eating some
Hershey's Kisses!!!
kisses.jpg

:biggrin:

WKA2006103149306_pv.jpg
Looks like the plenum for the intercooler, nice design and work!

I see that they need more elements to be sold. :smile:

The 'ELEMENT OF SURPRISE'?!?!?!:redface: :tongue:

pierceman said:
cool and lame all at the same time. I saw it there and was thinking what the hell is this and what is the point?

Thats exactly the same thing I was thinking.....at least put that money into a s2k or NSX as a promo car.

An Element has more area for stickers...it's all about advertisement and what folks expect. This is kind of the ultimate 'sleeper':rolleyes:

Here we are talking about it...

Any chance this Honda engineered twin turbo can be retro fitted for the NSX?
A Honda factory turbo making 500 hp....mmmmmmm

Back