Homemade or custom T from a coupe

Don't do it Sarge!!!:eek:

Here is a picture of a 92 NSX with Sunroof, not my taste. I would sell your NSX and buy a Targa.

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

Sell the Coupe and buy a T. NA1 coupe chassis is not made for open top.

There is a company that used to produce these, one was for sale a few months back on ebay, the result looked factory, but I wouldn't buy a car with this type of conversion; Honda strengthened the frame rails for the targa, and still had problems with chassis flex - chopping the roof off just seems like a bad idea.

There was a post recently about some guy with a Targa that wanted a Coupe body. You two should contact each other and switch body/chasis...:tongue:

The coupe to T-top swap has been done before by someone in So Cal. I remember seeing a 94 T for sale when I was shopping around. Really threw me off because it was when I was still learning about the car. Looked good to me, but pretty pricey I'm sure.

i'm hoping to find a T i can swap tops with around mar-april time frame to convert my coupe to a targa. Only way i'm doing it is to get an entire top end of a T and weld it on.

yikes, theres one in washington, a silver 91-94 i forget the year, i think its listed on ebay and one of the car sites autotrader.com/cars.com

i was very disapointed, because its the only cheap coupe manual in the northwest all ghettofied

Wow, I have never seen a better aftermarket sunroof, you have to admit that is a good job, wonder what they did inside the car to finish it.
I don't like sunroofs or targas but have to give someone credit.
Actually looks like it belongs there.
Trev
Just a thoguht: Since people worry about cutting roofs and putting in a sunroof and view this as not so smart, shouldn't we then say the same thing about people who take out their drivers air bag, but we don't.
Safety is safety and I might not have my 20 year old daughter around if not for her airbag in her 91 Dodge Shadow.

I went through this same scenario a few years ago. I ended up selling my 91 and bought a 95. The cost incurred with the conversion were more than switching cars. Most importantly, I would never recover the conversion cost at resale (and likely lowered the value of the 91 also). There are just as many people who prefer a coupe.

IMO, don't do a sunroof- the complete open top 100X better. Ride in one if you have not done so.

Regards,
Bill

It looks odd because I know an NSX shouldn't have a sunroof...but if I didn't know that, honestly, it's not that bad looking.

However, there is no reason to cut a hole in a 91-94 when you can just buy a 95/96 with a targa.

Back