HolidaySeason Austin-CentralTexas Meet... =)

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
Hola` all...

With the holiday season approaching and so forth- why not plan a NSX meet...!?! I am willing to have a gathering at my residence and I am open to all suggestions:

-day-drive & lunch/bbq
or
-day-drive & evening schin-dig/in-house party & then hit the scene
or
-day-drive & DIY general maint'/detailing meet-up

... you guys get the point

Let's get on it and come up w/ a game-plan. Out of town NSX'ers are more than welcome.

Till then...
:)

Yeah, I am craving some Austin driving!! Anytime after the New Years will be great. Lets try making dates now so everyone can get ready for that weekend.
- Z

I'm in for any time after Jan 1 - preferably another Saturday drive, followed by lunch and pictures, with some more driving after that. Umar - pick a date and we'll all start planning - and don't feel obligated to have us to your house. We can meet up anywhere you decide....

Let's see if we can beat 13 this time!:cool:

Todd

BTW, I would love to have a wrench session sometime, just to learn how to do a few things. :confused:

Of course, I'm in!

That's very generous of you to host the meet. All options include a drive so I'm happy, but if I had a choice: I think "day-drive & evening schin-dig/in-house party & then hit the scene" would be sweet since you have a nice place. Let us know what to bring.

Osiris_x11, what works with your schedule (before or after Christmas)?

haha~ COUNT ME IN.... by the way... ojas, umar, susanne...did u guys hit up carzone and vision for their grand opening? those were some of my friends and i helped them set up the day before... couldn't be there cuz i went out of town but i heard some nsx's were there and u three seem to fit the description hehe.... anyways sorry off topic.

FoodForThought. . .

hmmm...

An initial proposal. . .

One gathering (albeit) smaller before NewYears. It'll entail meeting up at my place, having some eat'z and then going out for a fun-drive; following the drive, we can rendevzous (sp?) at my place for some chill-time/party and then head out for a nite out on the towne (or just party at my place).

A second gathering (after NewYears) more akin to the November-Austin outing: meet at my residence, NSX'ers do intro's/Q&A's (again), head out for a fun drive, have lunch at a cool-trendy joint, and then play it from there...

Black-out dates are December 26th, 27th, 28th as I have a family friend's wedding that I gotta help out w/. Then again, only late-evenings those days are when I will be committed. Otherwise those days can even be ok.

Again I am open for suggestions. I am just anxious for another gathering, *sigh* hence my desires for something before NewYears (for atleast one gathering).

Talk people, talk...!?!

-Ron, last Saturday was cool; Ojas/Susanne(sp?)/myself intro'd ourselves to Tyrone, and got to see a motley assortment of rydez. A wide-body 350z was def' easy on the eyes.
-Todd, Z', Chris: post-NewYears can be the plan for the major gathering (indeed holiday season is a busy time of the year)

i'm definately up for anything before the new years as well... umar i don't have ur number but i think u have mine.... pm me with urs or gimme a call.... got lots of free time for a while

What do you think about this Saturday or Sunday? It looks like the weather will be good.

This time of year, it will be hard to find a date that works with everyone's schedule, so it's probably best to just go ahead and pick a date. :)

Mini-Meet...! (Big-meet post NewYears)

hmmm...

I'd like to propose a lil' meet this weekend in RoundRock at my residence.

This Saturday or Sunday are equally o.k.

[NOTE: a larger, more NSX-oriented meet will be in January following NewYears]

We all can meet at my place anywhere from 11am-1pm, have some beverages & snax (everyone can bring one small item or whatever they fancy). I can throw together my spezial' pasta.

After some chillaxin' time, we can head out for a drive.
For this part of the day, I'd be grateful to others more familiar w/ Austin to take the intiative (nice touring roads and scenery). Following the drive, we can rendevzous at my place: either party in-house there, or head out to the warehouse district or other such places of interest in the area. I have plenty of room at my place for those who wanna crash (basically make the most of the nite, yet not put their's NSX's in harms way).

I'd like to the keep the mood and plans as informal as possible- so we all can be ourselves and chill (more of a day for the driver to make friends as opposed to the car being the focal subject).

PM, email, or whatever. I will be pro-active tonite & tomorrow to finalize things.

Sounds like fun guys! How about Jan 10th for the "big bash"? I like the idea of meeting for lunch, driving then heading out on the town. We could meet @ 1:00pm and have lunch/chat till apx 3:00, take off for a drive until 5:00ish. Then if anybody needs to run home to freshen up (i.e. me) we could establish a meeting place to regroup & start an evening of fun. Just an idea, what do you guys think?
Re: the pre New Years mini meet, I'm assuming it's not today right? I prob wont be able to make it tomorrow b/c I have about 5 million things to do before I leave for TN on Monday.
Anywayz, hope everyone has a fabulous holiday season!!

p.s. Remember, more weight = less horsepower, so when you're thinking about having that second helping....
=)

SUNDAY...

hmmm, caught up w/ a million-and-one things to do today to reiterate MissNSX.

For SUNDAY Dec21th, I am planning an informal chill-out session and then drive somewhere en'route for a bite to eat (I'll do my www.Austin360.com research). We can meet at my house 12ish' pm. Again- all are welcome, and realizing the short notice and the time of the year it's a bit endeavorous of me to anticipate the presence of many. Ojas and NSX ATX /Ron I think are down. I will touch base w/ you guys tonite.

9504 Slate Creek Trail, Austin TX 78717

(you can get directions off mapquest & PM me for my #)

The post-NewYears meet sounds grande' as well.

or we could all do this

We could all meet up at my 350sq. ft house LOL and then we can take my space shuttle out for a 3,2,1 contact launch. Then we can round up at my cousins space station and Shuttle our NSX's to lets say Saturn. Have a lil ring around the rosey and then head back.

hows that sound?

Anyways im in for whatever you guys plan.

gil

you guys and gal are funny

I'll be there. I like missnsx's idea for the next meet.

Gil has a good plan - Let's do what he suggested.

Gil, I have no idea what you were on when you posted... but am hoping you're bringing some to Osiris's place tomorrow. joking. haha. :D

Re: you guys and gal are funny

Ojas said:
...Gil, I have no idea what you were on when you posted... but am hoping you're bringing some to Osiris's place tomorrow. joking. haha. :D

I already got tha hook-up...;)

hehe. . . I'm throwing together some pasta; bring whatever you guys wish- it's all upto you guys. With the machines fed (namely us), we THEN can take our game out to the Austin streets.

See ya' all then @ 1pm. :)

it's all good...

hmmm... Just an update and conclusion to the thread. It was great to have Ojas, NSX ATX, Pork n' Beanz, and a nice NSX owner formerly of Dallas (Anthony) over at my residence for some lunch and conversation. And, of-course: the customary HillCountry 2222-LimeCreek drive was pfunnn... Hence it is now time to plan the post-NewYears NSX gathering. There will be another thread for it. All the bests' to all on a safe Holiday to all. :)

Would like to come down for the January drive.....

Umar,

It sounds like you are truly enjoying the NSX. I miss it dearly. My son and I where driving home the other night and he saw a red NSX and he got really excited. He doesn't do that with the Corvette's. The Vette is fast and fun, but it doesn't handle like the NSX and it doesn't get "the looks" that the NSX gets.

I would love to come down to Austin and join you guys for a nice drive in the hills of Austin next month. That is if you would accept a Corvette owner? (LOL)

I hope all is well for you and your family.

Best Regards,

Kipp

But, of-course!

Hi Kipp! Man, it'd be grande` to have you come to an Austin NSX gathering...! Your name constantly comes up when I am talking to my cronies and PrimePals. AND ironically today, Ojas fwd'd me some pics of NSteXpo that feature 'XSNSX' :) I seriously see you getting back into a NSX! I recall you fancy'ing the '97+. . . THEN I'd have to acquire THAT one from you when you'd move onto the next gen'/HSC!

All is well w/ the family- they are abroad vacationing for a bit. I hope all is well w/ yours as well this holday season.

Once there is something planned, I will most definitely be in touch w/ you. Keep an eye on the SouthCentral forum. As far as being in a Corvette, that'd be beyond A-OK! Diversity among car enthusiasists (sp?) at gatherings is name-of-the-game...! [not to mention that I personally like C5's] =)

(p.s. the NSX is beyond all my expectations & I really feel blessed that I have had the opportunity to have one)

Back