Holes in rear bumper(Ricers)

I have notice that lots of cars (Ricers) have holes on there rear bumper they always have like 6 or 8 holes on them and me and a friend always see them and we have no idea what they put them on there for. Have you guys ever seen them I sure you guys have cause I see them all the time. If you have do you have any idea why they put them. At first I thought they were going to put lights in them but then as I notice more and more had the holes I was like OK It cant be that no one has put the lights in them so I have no idea why they have them.

The holes act as an air defuser... The rear bumpers create a pocket for air to get trapped in and it has a lifting effect on the rear end(this is assuming the car is actually going fast :D ) The holes in the bumper are to act as a way for the trapped air to escape out the back.

Now most of the cars that have the bumpers cut like this really dont need it, It is usually only useful in race/drag cars.

-my $.02

that's nice to know....at first, i thought they wanted the car to be louder.....cheaper alternative to 8 inch + exhaust tips....:D

Honda4Life said:
The holes act as an air defuser... The rear bumpers create a pocket for air to get trapped in and it has a lifting effect on the rear end(this is assuming the car is actually going fast :D ) The holes in the bumper are to act as a way for the trapped air to escape out the back.

Now most of the cars that have the bumpers cut like this really dont need it, It is usually only useful in race/drag cars.

-my $.02

Exactly right on both accounts !! :D
Totally useless on 99.5% of the cars on the road. :rolleyes:

shhh.......... you're not meant to discuss this sort of thing online; the holes are there as part of a "riceboy mystery" ... only riceboys know what they are for. ;)

<B>POWERED by HONDA</B>: correction, each hole adds 10.5HP. :D

I guess on my next NIX ill just fill it out with holes all over what the hell ill just take out the bumper. I guess if I did that ill have a 800hp NSX.

Honda4Life said:

-my $.02

There are some holes in this theory.:D

VampNSX said:
...fill it out with holes all over
Like Homer Simpson...

Homer: [suspicious] Hey, what are all these holes?
Salesman: [quickly] These are speed holes. They make the car go faster.
Ned: Whatcha diddely-doin', neighbor?
Homer: Aw, putting speed holes in my car. Makes it go faster.

Back