Hmmm this rumor won't die it seems

Maybe it will still be in the Detroit show so Mr. Wing-Z can meet up with Mr. Takeo Fukui and tell him what you really think. If you are so inclined, You will have to be there on Media day to see him.

From Autoblog:

"Just two weeks after we learned that Honda had suspended plans to introduce a new V10 NSX sports car in 2010 comes word that we may see the car anyway. Sort of. The production program is still dead, but it is being reported that the previously scheduled "concept" will appear at Detroit's North American International Auto Show in a couple of weeks.

In typical Honda fashion, a concept version of a new model appears a few months for the street edition. In this case, the NSX was set to debut next fall at the Tokyo Motor Show with the conceptual preview at the Detroit auto show. Since the concept was already prepared before Honda made the decision to scrap the program, they will show it anyway. Honda's presence in Cobo will still be low-key however, with its press conference having been canceled. The NSX and the production Insight will simply appear on the show floor."

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/31/will-acura-show-the-nsx-in-detroit-even-after-killing-the-progra/

Maybe it will still be in the Detroit show so Mr. Wing-Z can meet up with Mr. Takeo Fukui and tell him what you really think. If you are so inclined, You will have to be there on Media day to see him.

From Autoblog:

"Just two weeks after we learned that Honda had suspended plans to introduce a new V10 NSX sports car in 2010 comes word that we may see the car anyway. Sort of. The production program is still dead, but it is being reported that the previously scheduled "concept" will appear at Detroit's North American International Auto Show in a couple of weeks.

In typical Honda fashion, a concept version of a new model appears a few months for the street edition. In this case, the NSX was set to debut next fall at the Tokyo Motor Show with the conceptual preview at the Detroit auto show. Since the concept was already prepared before Honda made the decision to scrap the program, they will show it anyway. Honda's presence in Cobo will still be low-key however, with its press conference having been canceled. The NSX and the production Insight will simply appear on the show floor."

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/31/will-acura-show-the-nsx-in-detroit-even-after-killing-the-progra/

I actually did meet Fukui last year for the new Pilot press release. His english isn't too good and I only speak Dragonball Z Japanese so not much in conversation. I think they ( Honda ) seemed pretty disappointed at the lackluster response to the Pilot so he didn't stay long.

Besides only thing I would tell him is please don't cancel the car and find a way to revive the HSC while he was at it:biggrin:

I actually did meet Fukui last year for the new Pilot press release. His english isn't too good and I only speak Dragonball Z Japanese so not much in conversation. I think they ( Honda ) seemed pretty disappointed at the lackluster response to the Pilot so he didn't stay long.

Besides only thing I would tell him is please don't cancel the car and find a way to revive the HSC while he was at it:biggrin:

Well, here is your second chance to represent our community thoughts to Fukui. The only way Malaysia got the JDM Civic Type R was because of the local Malaysian Honda enthusiasts had a conversation with him to import it and that's what got the ball rolling.

Mr. Fukui's english is pretty good. I've heard him speak in enough occasion. He was probably just being humble.

If you and him are there, he needs to know who you represent and the thoughts within our community.

Well, here is your second chance to represent our community thoughts to Fukui. The only way Malaysia got the JDM Civic Type R was because of the local Malaysian Honda enthusiasts had a conversation with him to import it and that's what got the ball rolling.

Mr. Fukui's english is pretty good. I've heard him speak in enough occasion. He was probably just being humble.

If you and him are there, he needs to know who you represent and the thoughts within our community.

Well Silver I can't represent as I don't agree with our community for the most. I like this "ugly thing" as PhiAlpha44 and others call it. Also apparently at the 07 NSXCA meet a Honda representative was there and discussed the NSX replacement. It turned into a b*tch session as one primer described it. I did talk to another higher up at Honda ( American guy ) and proceeded to make the case for the Civic Type R to no avail as I was told they just won't/don't sell. I couldn't argue as it's true Hondas performance products do languish on American car lots. I was told they sell a ton of regular civics and had plans to invest in that new hybrid CRZ as a sporty car ( huzzah ) :rolleyes: plus apparently due to fuel economy credits which Honda was saving to be used for the V10 car there were no plans whatsoever to bring the Type R here.

Also I did tell them I was a Honda enthusiast and what I'd bought from them new ( they actually asked me that .. LOL ). I then had to endure 20-30 minutes ( felt like an hour ) of diesel talk in applications and how important Honda thought those were going to be along with hybrids ( guy started smiling talking about this ) are the future.

We had an unfortunate awkward moment as he found out that it was my friend who runs track events to be the same guy that totaled an S2000 prototype that Honda had brought out intending to show some support with racing enthusiasts at the grassroots level.

Well Silver I can't represent as I don't agree with our community for the most. I like this "ugly thing" as PhiAlpha44 and others call it. Also apparently at the 07 NSXCA meet a Honda representative was there and discussed the NSX replacement. It turned into a b*tch session as one primer described it. I did talk to another higher up at Honda ( American guy ) and proceeded to make the case for the Civic Type R to no avail as I was told they just won't/don't sell. I couldn't argue as it's true Hondas performance products do languish on American car lots. I was told they sell a ton of regular civics and had plans to invest in that new hybrid CRZ as a sporty car ( huzzah ) :rolleyes: plus apparently due to fuel economy credits which Honda was saving to be used for the V10 car there were no plans whatsoever to bring the Type R here.

Also I did tell them I was a Honda enthusiast and what I'd bought from them new ( they actually asked me that .. LOL ). I then had to endure 20-30 minutes ( felt like an hour ) of diesel talk in applications and how important Honda thought those were going to be along with hybrids ( guy started smiling talking about this ) are the future.

We had an unfortunate awkward moment as he found out that it was my friend who runs track events to be the same guy that totaled an S2000 prototype that Honda had brought out intending to show some support with racing enthusiasts at the grassroots level.

You don't say.:wink::biggrin:
Actually, even though you like this concept, you could still represent the community by telling Fukui what the majority here wants, a real NSX replacement. That is , mid-engined, rear wheel drive. It doesn't have to be a record-breaking, tire-burning, supercar eating, 500hp+ car.

You don't say.:wink::biggrin:
Actually, even though you like this concept, you could still represent the community by telling Fukui what the majority here wants, a real NSX replacement. That is , mid-engined, rear wheel drive. It doesn't have to be a record-breaking, tire-burning, supercar eating, 500hp+ car.

See post#4:biggrin:

Thanks for pleading the case to Honda. Unfortunately, our appetite for Honda performance machines fell on deaf ears. I can't believe Honda responded to you by drumming up excitement with Diesels and Hybrids. These guys are out of touch. If we all we cared about is mainstream cars, then Soichiro would have never made the NSX.

The problems exists because American Honda does not have a car guy at the top pleading our case. As for Fukui, he was a good engineer who focused on engine efficency, now as a CEO, he is focused on applying efficency in the company. Even though he specified a V10, I'm not convinced he is a true car enthusiasts. With that said, given this era of recession, Fukui may be right man for the job at Honda. As for the car enthusiasts, look to other car manufacturers. I like Porsche and the Audi R8.

Thanks for pleading the case to Honda. Unfortunately, our appetite for Honda performance machines fell on deaf ears. I can't believe Honda responded to you by drumming up excitement with Diesels and Hybrids. These guys are out of touch. If we all we cared about is mainstream cars, then Soichiro would have never made the NSX.

The problems exists because American Honda does not have a car guy at the top pleading our case. As for Fukui, he was a good engineer who focused on engine efficency, now as a CEO, he is focused on applying efficency in the company. Even though he specified a V10, I'm not convinced he is a true car enthusiasts. With that said, given this era of recession, Fukui may be right man for the job at Honda. As for the car enthusiasts, look to other car manufacturers. I like Porsche and the Audi R8.

Wow, you got it all figure out. Why aren't you driving a Porkshe and Ouchdi? :biggrin:

Wow, you got it all figure out. Why aren't you driving a Porkshe and Ouchdi? :biggrin:

The question we need to ask is which manufacturer will be making our next sports car.

And if the answer is my sports car will be NSX forever and one is going to modify the crap out of it to be competitive, then good luck finding parts as time goes by and pray that you never crash it.

The question we need to ask is which manufacturer will be making our next sports car.

And if the answer is my sports car will be NSX forever and one is going to modify the crap out of it to be competitive, then good luck finding parts as time goes by and pray that you never crash it.

So what you're saying is, Honda should make their next super car to look and drive like a Audi and Porsche, but you wouldn't buy a Audi or Porsche since they have already built the car with your specification?:confused: However, Honda need to copy them?

An HSC would get me in my Acura store. The front engine replacement will not. It is right for some, but not for me.

The Porsches are of similar specification to NSX and the R8 is one step up in power and 2 steps up in weight. Both R8 and Porsche are user friendly sports cars in line with the NSX lineage. However, the quality of Porsche and Audi is not on par with the NSX and neither is the styling similar. The germans takes a curvacous approach versus the angluar flowing lines of the NSX. The NSX / HSC styling stirs my soul.

With that said, many of us in this community will be left with a void when the times comes to replace the NSX. Eventually, that void will be filled by other marques if Honda truly does not step up with a super car replacement. Sooner or later, the R8 or Porsches or Italian exotic will be on the shopping list simply because there is no other supercar choice.

Hence many has moved on to other marques and many more will as their car ages.

So have you asked yourself the original question I raised? Who is the manufacturer of your next Super car?

Last edited:
So have you asked yourself the original question I raised? Who is the manufacturer of your next Super car?

It does not matter who will built my next super car. It matter to me that my favorite car manufacture Honda make logical choices to be prosperous.

I actually find it a bit ridiculous to see the HP war of the 21 century completely took the manufactures up to the level of stupidity beyond recognition. How many 400/500HP plus club do we want to see in the market place? Or more importantly, how many do we NEED in the market place?

Z06/ZR1
Viper
AMG MB
BMW M
Ferrari
Audi
Lamborghini
Ford GT
Porsche
Maseratti
Toyota/Lexux
Nissan
Jaguar
Astin Martin
etc.

Does it matter if Honda join the party when most of them can't sale enough of them to break even?

Don't kid your self. Car manufactures go through similar mentality as consumers. When every one is doing well financially, few think about the consequence of economic collapse. You should be thankful that companies such as Honda and Toyota is still doing well enough that they don't need government hand outs, not alone built you a mid-engine supercar based on a failed experiment from 1990.:rolleyes:

Based on the latest "news" on Honda's change in their lineup. For the near term, we will have basic and efficent transporation to look forward to.

This industry is cyclical hence honda is cutting off its non-core products, yet sports car makers will continue to sell their core products - sports car.

You should find out how Spoon NSX is being manufactured....

I like NSX-R manufactured by Honda.

Well I know how it's being manufactured ... Spoon is making them. Not to be argumentative but how would you know the difference between NSX-R made by Honda vs one made by Spoon? You can't get a Honda NSX-R imported over here.

A Spoon NSX-R will be made with all OEM NSX-R parts from Honda even using NSX-R chassis but it will be left hand drive. It will be more genuine than any conversion that we can do here.

Yes Spoon. I trust a NSX-R assembled by Spoon more than I do an Audi engineered and built R8.

Wing, I'm sure you'll keep us posted when you pick up a Spoon NSX.

Silver.. I want one bad ...LOL

Hopefully Spoon will be making the announcement tomorrow as to what's what and then I guess go from there. Fingers crossed!:biggrin:

They did it:eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_qL_5WoI8g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_qL_5WoI8g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Check out the interior! OHMYGOD look at those yellow spoon valve covers:eek:

It does not matter who will built my next super car. It matter to me that my favorite car manufacture Honda make logical choices to be prosperous.

QUOTE]

I agree with you Vance on this statement. However, I feel like Silver F16 has a point. I don't want a porsche or an audi. I love my Honda's however I feel like Porsche and Audi are going in the right direction.... They continue to develop their sports cars... Porsche over the years increasing hp, improving handling, and improving build quality... Audi coming out with the R8 and within a few years offers a substantial displacement increase and hp over their previous year model. This is something Honda hasn't done since the introduction of the NSX.

I agree with you Vance that Honda should make the logical choice to be prosperous... and if it means making lil mini cars, hybrids and hydrogen cars more power to them! But as a NSX and sports car lover we want a pedigree to be proud of. Porsche success comes from its sports cars and Audi has success from its luxury sedans and coupes now. It works for them. I had this talk with you a few weeks ago and I can say that we both grew up in a time when Honda made cars we fell in love with. I love the older civics,integras, preludes, and NSX! I still like the s2000 hehe. If you were to ask me now which honda/acura car in their line up I would say none. I don't love any of the new cars Honda has. I still love the company because of their build quality, ergonomics, and efficiency makes that good.

I don't want the next NSX replacement to be like a Porsche or an Audi.... It's bad enough they want it to be similar to a GT car or aston martin... If you have it be anything make it to be like a Ferrari.... Just like the original NSX... but of course better then a Ferrari just like the original NSX! LOL

Back