Hmm...looks like a familiar car !!

Great looking car. I am disappointed this car never went to production. Certainly understandable now considering the Veyron venue ...

It looks like a refined and elegant Saleen S7 à la sauce Lamborghini.

Like very much its wide and low stance, large front wheels fenders and extra low hood. Design touches that are musts for a midengine supercar IMO...

OTOH I am not a big VW fan and on the engine side, nothing compared to Honda...

But this should convince the big H to develop a powerplant offering between 550 hp and 650 hp for the debut.

The FXX is rumored to pump out 800 hp...

Now the Mc Laren F1 over 600 hp standard becomes more and more common
( hope this will lower its price!!! ) and actually the entry level sportscar engine output is set at least at 500hp ...

New Honda V10 will have to enlarge to 4,8-5,0 L ...

Last edited:
I thought this was called the Nardo concept? Regardless, a beautiful concept - one of m favorites. Another pic:
verkaufer_1084991165_volkswagenw12_6.jpg

effer said:
But this should convince the big H to develop a powerplant offering between 550 hp and 650 hp for the debut.

The FXX is rumored to pump out 800 hp...

Now the Mc Laren F1 over 600 hp standard becomes more and more common
( hope this will lower its price!!! ) and actually the entry level sportscar engine output is set at least at 500hp ...

What the heck are you talking about? you're talking such huge power numbers that your arguement holds no merit.

I hope to god there isn't 550+HP... because it'll be $200,000 easy.

600HP McLaren's are also $1,000,000+... you realize less than one percent of the population even has the means for a million dollar toy, let alone the desire to buy it.

and how is an entry-level sportscar have 500HP? entry level for millionaires? an entry level car is $20-30,000.

This VW concept will have nothing to do with the next NSX, because this concept is 8 years old. It also remained a concept. IF they take anything from this, they'll say "OOoh, we shouldn't make a car like this, because VW didn't"... but my guess, Honda has a mind of their own

They will release a 400ish HP small V10. it'll be light enough to do 4.0-4.3 0-60 runs and will handle like a dream... if you want 600 HP, sell some kidneys for your McLaren.

I am a misunderstood person !!!

rickysals said:
What the heck are you talking about? you're talking such huge power numbers that your arguement holds no merit.

Can you elaborate on this????????
???????????????? :eek:

What the heck are you argumenting about? You're talking such POWER link/causality between "huge power numbers" and argument's merit????

Seriously, I just don't get your point here; by only evocating big hp numbers it has the effect of diminishing ( in the same magnitude ! ) my point of view, or at least its merit???

Can you elaborate on this ??????????

rickysals said:
I hope to god there isn't 550+HP... because it'll be $200,000 easy.

Very powerful logic you get there, so at 240 hp, Honda should sell its S2000 at a powerful $87,272,72 easy?

Maybe I don't know what the heck I am talking about but Honda doesn't sell its S2000 at your price logic nor they won't sell the new NSX at $200,000.

In fact I am almost sure it will be under the $100,000 mark ( at least for the first years of production ... ) for a lighter and way more powerful new car.

rickysals said:
600HP McLaren's are also $1,000,000+... you realize less than one percent of the population even has the means for a million dollar toy, let alone the desire to buy it.

??????????

Again I just don't get your point there...

Please don't tell me that you believe the $1,000,000+ price of the Mc Laren F1 is only related to its 627 hp engine? Obviously not to its full carbon fiber chassis, its exotic material hand made construction, its intensive wind tunnel testing , its small production numbers, etc ?

A Mc Laren F1 is far more than its 627 hp number...

Actually there is an hp war and as true it is very cheap to get 300-350 hp, it will be common soon to be able to easily afford 400-500 hp even though it will destroy your hp/$ ratio paradigm...

rickysals said:
and how is an entry-level sportscar have 500HP? entry level for millionaires? an entry level car is $20-30,000.

???????????????????????????? Again.

Everybody knew I was talking about entry level exotic sportscar.

Sorry...

When the NSX made its debut in 1990, this car was designed to compete against the entry level Ferrari. Since I was still talking about the new NSX, it is no heresy to compare it again with the entry level Ferrari which shows actually near 200,000 Rickysals logic hp dollars!!!

rickysals said:
This VW concept will have nothing to do with the next NSX, because this concept is 8 years old. It also remained a concept. IF they take anything from this, they'll say "OOoh, we shouldn't make a car like this, because VW didn't"... but my guess, Honda has a mind of their own

This VW car went almost to production, it even broke some high speed reliability records...

They abandon it partly because of the Veyron project...

I agree with you about your first quoted sentence, perhaps I would prefer to say the converse: the new NSX will have nothing to do with this VW concept...

rickysals said:
They will release a 400ish HP small V10. it'll be light enough to do 4.0-4.3 0-60 runs and will handle like a dream...

I agree! 400 Honda hp would be marvelous!!!

But IMO it should not be power numbers of their flagship car, the standard must be set at the entry level Ferrari hp number +/- 10%.

Sorry again to deceive you.

rickysals said:
if you want 600 HP, sell some kidneys for your McLaren.

Within ten years, it will be possible to buy a Mc Laren F1 for under $600,000.

Within 30 years I just can't predict how cheap will be every gasoline engine equipped cars...

Think about it...

One thing is for sure, as soon as I will have enough money to buy a
Mc Laren I will buy one.

Rickysals, I also want to say that I tried to answer you in a funny/serious way and had no intention to offend you.

Regards,

Effer :wink:

Hope I clarified my point of view...

Last edited:
Back