Hmm...a little much no?? JH4NA1264MT001777

Especially with an automatic!

I've seen '91 NSXs with mileage that low sell for that price range. As for the automatic, that doesn't necessarily mean that it sells for less.

The buy it now price is a little too much, and has been relisted several times. This car itself has also been discussed alot on other threads.

However, there is still a reserve, and the reserve might be alot lower than the buy it now price.

If I personally was listing something on ebay, I would probably do the same tactic. Have an optimistic buy it now price for people who are desperate to purchase the car ASAP and have a reasonable reserve so that I won't lose out too much on the sale. Why cut urself short if you are the seller?

nsxtasy said:
I've seen '91 NSXs with mileage that low sell for that price range. As for the automatic, that doesn't necessarily mean that it sells for less.

Agreed. I have also met a couple at my local dealership that was searching for a decent red/black NSX-T in automatic form. They said they would pay a premium for it.

They do make ALOT less autos than manuals, and for those unique individuals that want autos and nothing else, there isn't that much to choose from compared to their manual counterparts.

Brian2by2 said:
ahhh but the buy it now is the same price that they're selling it for on their website.

So does this mean you pay MSRP for all vehicles you buy at a dealership? Or pay whatever the seller is asking for?

I sure hope not....

RyRy210 said:
So does this mean you pay MSRP for all vehicles you buy at a dealership? Or pay whatever the seller is asking for?

I sure hope not....

If they can sell it to you at MSRP they will. It is up to the buyer to negotiate a better price.

I sure hope not....

42,000 is a little ridiculous...so is 40k, so is 38k. You think you can talk them down 4k? Good luck. They dont' look desperate to sell it at all

Brian2by2 said:
42,000 is a little ridiculous...so is 40k, so is 38k. You think you can talk them down 4k? Good luck. They dont' look desperate to sell it at all

Some on the board have got new '02+ NSX for alot less than MSRP. Also, by them listing it on ebay is a sign that they ARE desperate to sell!

I've bought cars where I brought the dealer down $10K below MSRP. I've also purchased cars with a mark-up just because I wanted it really bad.

My 1st NSX was actually an NSX that was on ebay, which was offered by my local dealership. The car never met the reserve. It never met the outrageous buy it now price. I printed it out, took it to my dealer, and used that as a bargaining chip in my favor. I got a great deal on it.

Everyone is entitled to pay whatever they want for anything, but I tend to be a person that likes to haggle a little bit to get the best price. However, it just seems like you are the type of person that takes everything at face value. Maybe you should look deeper into things.

This kinda reminds me of some people coming on NSX prime and saying that the new NSXs are so expensive compared to the competition. All they see is the $89,765 sticker price. However, like many others have pointed out, there isn't alot of people that pay MSRP for the new NSXs.

No pun intended, just my 2 cents coupled with personal experience.

Last edited:
$40K ridiculous?

I don't know. $40K might be a reasonable amount for this car. If someone really wanted an automatic - here's essentially a brand new NSX.

Now there's the issue of hoses, timing belts, window regs, etc, but if those "issues" could be resolved somehow, $40K isn't that bad - IMHO.

Yes, the 97 and later cars are faster and the 6 spd is nice, but there's not THAT much difference between the cars.

And if the car checks out, it's nice to know that you're getting a car that hasn't been screwed with.

-Jim

Naples Motorsports has sold a LOT of NSXs and they have a very good reputation. They deal in good condition used high-end cars, not ragged out cars with issues. They regularly list cars on eBay and other places online to increase their exposure. I really doubt they are "desperate" to sell this particular car, though of course any dealer would LIKE to sell a car.

Assuming the car is indeed clean and doesn't have any problems, just replacing fluids and rubber will basically get you a brand new 1991 NSX.

People regularly pay $40k+ for an NSX that mint with so few miles when they become available. This one will probably move a little slower because fewer people want automatic, but I'm sure it will move once the right buyer finds it. Also, the price listed is an asking price. I doubt many people buy a used car from a dealer for asking price - there is usually a little room to negotiate. I think the final selling price is likely to be in line with what I would expect.

RyRy210 said:

I sure hope not....

I do advertising for dealers and just because they list a used car DOES NOT mean its a full pop. They put an add in for advertisement which typically means they are at their lowest. Whats the purpose of the ad if they are marked up?

Sometimes dealers advertise cars BELOW cost just to get it out of their inventory (90+ days) and sometimes theres room for negotiation. I advertise cars 80% of the time at ROCK BOTTOM price unless its an odd ball unit who just needs recognition.

just my .02 cents.

regards

spartan2-3 said:
I do advertising for dealers and just because they list a used car DOES NOT mean its a full pop. They put an add in for advertisement which typically means they are at their lowest. Whats the purpose of the ad if they are marked up?

Because people expect to haggle, and they expect to be able to knock something off the price. Maybe not with the brand new, hot car that is in short supply (e.g. WRX STI), but with just about everything else.

I bet if you took all the Autotrader listings of used NSXs listed by dealers, I could buy at least 90 percent of them for at least 5 percent less than the asking price in their ad. And a third to a half of them for at least 10 percent off.

Time is almost up. For me, if I have the money, it depends what the color & condition of the car. I will buy another NSX if the color is Blue (too bad only start on '97) and at that very low mileage & price ;) I don't really care about the year as long as it is a mint car.

A '91 with 2k miles on it??? How many mechanical problems do you think there may be on a car thats pretty much been sitting for 12 years.

Back