HKS Kansai Rear Hatch

avcd30254-img600x313-1233379750p7bixd29611.jpg

avcd30254-img600x433-1233379750vcf0g729611.jpg

avcd30254-img600x329-1233379785giugft29726.jpg

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w34687592

not for me, ugly and does nothing. interesting find scorp, something different.

Completely agree. Its nice seeing different stuff for our cars.

speaking of which, how do you go about ordering parts and getting them delivered to the US off yahoo japan? I find stuff i'd like to have on there.

speaking of which, how do you go about ordering parts and getting them delivered to the US off yahoo japan? I find stuff i'd like to have on there.

scorp your the man, you always keep an eye out for YJ stuff for me :)

btw

I love the hatch, I have a pic of it in my hyper rev

scorp your the man, you always keep an eye out for YJ stuff for me :)

It's an interesting design, it seems similar to the mugen, but with a larger scoop, perhaps intended to filter air towards HKS's old air/air intercooler for their nsx turbo system. Blacking out the mesh on this scoop would make it look pretty good.

I am still on the lookout for a louvered F40-style rear hatch (two parallel lines of large louvered vents in clear lexan), this part was produced in small quantities in the mid 1990's - there was one offered for sale 2 years ago, which I missed out on by $100 USD, I have been looking ever since, without luck. The original ad said it was 1 of 12 produced, I used to have a picture and the company name, but these have been lost in the last 2 years. :frown:

I am still on the lookout for a louvered F40-style rear hatch (two parallel lines of large louvered vents in clear lexan), this part was produced in small quantities in the mid 1990's - there was one offered for sale 2 years ago, which I missed out on by $100 USD, I have been looking ever since, without luck. The original ad said it was 1 of 12 produced, I used to have a picture and the company name, but these have been lost in the last 2 years. :frown:

This is the same louvered hatch that was on the silver turbo NSX with the intercooler over the engine from either Australia or Canada right? The owner (or prior owner because I know he was selling the car) is a member on here.

Scorp you find the wildest stuff! It's not for me but it kinda made me think of KARR from the old Knight Rider series.

This is the same louvered hatch that was on the silver turbo NSX with the intercooler over the engine from either Australia or Canada right? The owner (or prior owner because I know he was selling the car) is a member on here.

I think this is one you're talking about:

109150035_03mg1.jpg

I think what would be really cool is if the roof scoop extended all the way into the trunk. You know, for better cooling of the amplifiers....

I saw it on HIN on Speed Channel...

I was bored.

Shutup.

rolleye0012.gif

Are you mad at your car for some reason? This thing takes the prize for ugliest mod hands down. It's bad enough that you have exposed carbon fiber but this thing makes that look half way decent. :biggrin:

avcd30254-img600x313-1233379750p7bixd29611.jpg

If you look closely at post #14, you see that the car has a rear view camera.

It might not be the look for everyone but it certainly helps if cooling is big problem.

Rear camera, cool. But can you say "blind spot"? :wink:

No different from the lotus exige, which has a blocked rear hatch and rear view camera installed.

lotus_exige2004_51_250.jpg

I think this hatch may look better with the entire car in the frame, the seller has not responded to my requests for additional photos, but the last one I posted is from another one of his auctions, where he is selling a sorcery GT wing - it appears he is parting his nsx.

If you have some cooling requirement, on the top of the engine, this seems like an ideal solution - it has the side cooling vents from the mugen hatch, it has a large intake on the top, and additional cooling vents. Certainly it's an aggressive part, but would work on the right car. I am interested in any rear hatch, and this is a rare part, so certainly worth sharing... I don't think it is the best solution for my car, but if you have an air/air intercooler mounted on the top of your motor, like HKS did with their turbo setup, this would be perfect.

Last edited:
Back