Hill Country Drive

I attended the hill country drive today with a bunch of guys with some really cool rides. 2 elises several vipers a porsche etc. as well as 3 nsx's. It was a really cool drive through the hill country of near west Texas. The roads in this area are quite narrow and very twisted. I hit the 140 mark a couple of times as I started to feel more comfortable in the NSX. I think I posted some less than flatering comments about the NSX right after I got mine last week. I take it all back. While I still think under certain test an RX7 will outperform an NSX perhaps such as a short quick course as are most autocross layouts. Were my RX7 did really well. However On a road course of any distance I don't think my RX7 could keep up with my NSX. I'm getting a feel for the car now and find it to be very responsive if driven correctly. I thought my RX7 liked Rs. This little lady likes to heat up her tail pipes. In the 5-8k range it really works well. The acceleration form say 80 -120 is very quick. And from the upper end of 1st on thru to 4th it pulls very hard if keep as I said in the 5-8k range. I'm impressed! When you take the road performance which I do about 100 times as much as I track drive. Add to that the Honda quality I think I might have been a little misinformed about what an NSX is. I plan to add headers exhaust and a better air box which I plan to design and build myself. and I think I have a car worth keeping.

Tony F
Austin X- Mobile AL
95 NSX-T RED/BLK

We all knew you would come around. :smile: My first NSX test drive was nothing special (salemen wouldn't let me push it), but because I knew so much about the car already....I knew what it could do in the right hands.
You have now found that out first hand.

The only downfall is the smile the car creates, doesn't go away very easily. People look at you funny when you always have a grin on your face :biggrin:

Back