hilarious description on Ebay...

not to mention the buy it now price:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=5337&item=4560967202&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

"This car is a one-of-a-kind! It is believed to be the only red Targa NSX in several states. The VIN # is actually production number 65. The photos do not do justice to this beautiful piece of machinery. From tires to targa, this beauty is 100%. This vehicle has been fully serviced and has been well maintained through its life. With only 33,088 miles, this baby is still in the wrapper. Each panel has been checked and inspected. All panels are original.

When this vehicle was turned in, only two blemishes were noted. There was a 2 inch scratch on the hood and a stone chip in the windshield. The photos reflect the blemishes. The scratch has been touched up and the stone chip has been filled. The vehicle is now in near-showroom condition. We ran a check on this car and noted that the in-service date was 7/2/2001.

Don't let the most revolutionary exotic sports car get away. With 290 horsepower, and VTEC equipped 3.2 liter engine, this car is just waiting for you! If you have any questions about this rare find, please feel free to contact me via e-mail by clicking here or you can call me at 973-822-1600. Thank you for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you. Please, serious bidders only. "

I don't understand what's so hilarious. Sure, it's enthusiastic copy, probably written by someone with a marketing background, but nothing seems strikingly odd or funny. And if you understand that a buy-it-now price is normally a bit higher than what you expect the car to sell for, that's perfectly reasonable, too... :confused:

Is there something I'm missing, or perhaps you can explain what you mean?

Shumdit said:
I think the second sentence is the funny one.
I'm not sure why, other than that it is obviously not true... but we can make it funny (or funnier) by adding a humorous explanation of what they mean. For example:

It is believed to be the only red Targa NSX in several states. (Those states are Wyoming, North Dakota, and West Virginia. Of course, that's not where this car is located, but any time it drives through, it will be the only red NSX-T in those states.)

:D

nsxtasy said:
I'm not sure why, other than that it is obviously not true... but we can make it funny (or funnier) by adding a humorous explanation of what they mean. For example:

It is believed to be the only red Targa NSX in several states. (Those states are Wyoming, North Dakota, and West Virginia. Of course, that's not where this car is located, but any time it drives through, it will be the only red NSX-T in those states.)

:D

I agree, I think the second sentence is funny because of its ambiguity. I would hope that the type of person searching to buy an NSX would be at least reasonably educated, thus noticing the ridiculousness (is that a real word) of that claim. That's why I think it's funny... dumb people would think, "WOW, the only red nsx targa in '??several??' states!!!"

I like the disclaimer nsxtasy added too :biggrin:.

Come on guys, it is the only Red "Targa" NSX in several states... Along with several other NSX-T's. :wink:

Back