• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Higher than "hi boost" pulley for CTech SC

Wanted to know if anyone had experimented and proven hi boost pulleys for the CTech SC. Not sure if anything is even available. I already have the CTech "hi boost" kit on a 92.

Thx

Jeff

Call Shad at Comptech. I believe you can not get more boost out of the regular Wipple Charger used in the Comptech kit by turning it faster than the 'high boost' set up. The charger looses efficiency at higher RPM, part of the reason even a low boost set up will have the boost drop off above 7500 RPM. I think you would need to go to a larger volume charger to get more boost. The charger is available, not sure if anyone has done the work to set it up.

titaniumdave said:
Call Shad at Comptech. I believe you can not get more boost out of the regular Wipple Charger used in the Comptech kit by turning it faster than the 'high boost' set up. The charger looses efficiency at higher RPM, part of the reason even a low boost set up will have the boost drop off above 7500 RPM. I think you would need to go to a larger volume charger to get more boost. The charger is available, not sure if anyone has done the work to set it up.

You might also want to try Larry at ENDYN http://www.theoldone.com/components/blower_pulleys/

They can modify your blower to increase blower speed and keep intake temps low as well as provide new CNCed pulleys. I've used his Rollerwave pistons for a few years, good stuff!

Moderators: This may have to be moved to the Forced induction forum now

I spoke to Shad @ CTech. He advised that I can try smaller pulleys from the 3.2 SC kit (regular and hi boost 3.2 kit). He felt I would see minimal if any gains since the SC is already in its "sweet spot" in regards to efficiency. Any higher boost would elevate intake temps and reduce efficiency.

Jeff

Back