Higher mileage 2002 Value. Driving up now.

Guys I have been looking for a clean silver 02+ NSX for almost 5 months now. I have one about 100 miles from the house that I am going to drive up to this afternoon.

02 Silver Manual, with 101K miles bone stock. All service history accounted for.

I see valuation all over the place on the 02+ cars all over the map on price but most are lower mileage. Would 42-44K be in the approximate value range for a 02 with this sort of mileage and history.

35-40 max but if it is well maintained and it looks good then yeah it sounds worth it. high miles done mean shit to these cars its funny I was just thinking the other day while driving my 92 with 100K+ miles and it still drives like new, never any issues that were major, but then I think man Honda can sure build a car to show the world hey F-u we can build a supercar that lasts, hold its value and is gaining value every day.

goodluck

Bone stock with all history sounds like a well cared for car. I think that's a good price.

I see dudes asking like 30-35 for 91s with over 100k so for a 2002 that's a amazing price lol

I see dudes asking like 30-35 for 91s with over 100k so for a 2002 that's a amazing price lol

x2. ANY 02+ IMO even with 100k should easily pull high 40's/low 50's if maintained well.

Hell, that black 02 flood car pulled 30k ish in a heartbeat without any tb/wp maintenance, original clutch, even a check engine light that will never go out due to wiring issues.

... which begs the question, what does an '02 NSX-T 6spd. go for with:

- micro-mileage (ie. <12k miles or 1k-miles/year)?
- low-mileage (ie. <37.5k miles or 2.5k-miles/year)?
- avg-mileage (ie. <60k miles or 5k-miles/year)?
- high-mileage (ie. +90k-miles or +7.5k-miles/year)?

(assuming clean history, clear title, up-to-date maint'/service)

... which begs the question, what does an '02 NSX-T 6spd. go for with:

- micro-mileage (ie. <12k miles or 1k-miles/year)?
- low-mileage (ie. <37.5k miles or 2.5k-miles/year)?
- avg-mileage (ie. <60k miles or 5k-miles/year)?
- high-mileage (ie. +90k-miles or +7.5k-miles/year)?

(assuming clean history, clear title, up-to-date maint'/service)

50-68k roughly depending on color/mods/ppw/auto or manual

These are not good examples, but a few quick ones via ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Acura-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-ACURA-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX-B...6209d205d&item=301194879069&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACURA-NSX-T...f18&item=111366045464&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_210

Sounds like a fair/awesome deal based on the info provided.

Well posting from my phone, the car needs a clutch, and it had 117K miles not 100K like in the ad. All paperwork though and it had a recent belt and water-pump service 80K miles. All body panels matched, not a single scratch in the paint, looked like a brand new car. New tires, fresh oil change, interior bolsters needed replacement like you would expect.

The clutch was 5K miles away from needing complete clutch replacement though. My book shows ~3100$ and change for a clutch kit OEM, I can swap it out myself on the lift easy-peasy. I offered 42.5K cash which was ~2K under what they were asking and said that I would do the clutch myself east the 1K difference and they balked. It had the grey interior too not the black like in the ad which is not a deal killer, but that could be swapped out real quick by my interior guy. Also the stereo had been replaced with a alpine unit which is not my preference but could be swaped back out.

Biggest thing was that it had what seems like more foot room then the 91-96 cars that I have driven in the past, this was huge for me.

So you bought it? Post some pic, it's rare to see an 02+ with over 100k

I think based on what you say, the car is fairly priced at his asking price. My 02 has 70,000 miles, a few "chips" in the paint, otherwise it shows as new. Clear bra installed, all service records from new, all maintenance up to date (not for sale, BTW) and I was offered $60,000 recently. IMHO, that's about $5,000 more than I should get, if I was selling it. BTW, original brakes and clutch.

So you bought it? Post some pic, it's rare to see an 02+ with over 100k

Offered 42.5K which is the top I would do with the miles. They are stuck at 45K with no budging even though they were willing to over the phone. They told me they would get back tomorrow.

Any more then that and I will find a lower mile car and pay a bit more if I can find a deal.

FYI, that is not gray interior but matching silverstone. It is a more rare color and only available 02+. It is in general more desirable than just black which is available all the way back to 1991. If you want to replace it with black be my guest, but please save that leather for me as I will buy it.

I agree an 02+ is hard to find.But don't settle...I almost did and would've regretted it. You never know. I was going to put down a deposit on a 335i hard top convertible the night that I decided to chase a bogus looking internet add..

I think I remember seeing an 02 conversion car selling for 40k. Looks like a good deal at a 10k premium over most NA1s with similar miles, which I wouldn't worry about from a reliability standpoint.

wrd plus 6 speed , bigger brakes and real hids and much faster for only 10k ish over a 91 with Similar miles . #winning

I think I remember seeing an 02 conversion car selling for 40k. Looks like a good deal at a 10k premium over most NA1s with similar miles, which I wouldn't worry about from a reliability standpoint.

I know how reliable they are, I can do all my own maintenance as well so that makes the car significantly cheaper in the long run. If I get it I will save the leather for someone else if they want to do a swap the bolsters are so bad that if I did even a OEM replacement I am not sure that it would match the rest of the car due to the color aging out due to UV.

It depends on how bad you want the car, don't let 2-3k get in the way, it's not everyday that these 02+ shows up for sale.
Considering TB/ water pump done already and only clutch needing in future, bump you price another 1k to 43.5k and walk out. I can almost guarenteed he will sale and not loose potential buyer. Good luck

There was a silver 2002 with low 100k's on it asking 46k. Just messaged the dealer today and the car was sold. Someone picked it up pretty fast. It was at Audi of Escondido.

http://www.audiescondido.com/used/Acura/2002-Acura-NSX-T-4201f3000a0a006577df4c70c986140e.htm

Regarding pricing - prices are all over the map! Then again, we can't really see sold prices from private parties so who knows what they are selling for compared to the listing price. Seems like the last few months people have just been asking ridiculous prices hoping someone will not care and just buy it.

I have just seen a lot of low mileage NA1s popping up asking for $45k+
Then I have seen some higher mileage ones just sitting there in the $30ks not moving.

'97 with like 56k has been sitting for a couple weeks at $47k now. Maybe people don't like yellow and a 97 isn't as collectible as a 91. Who knows why they are priced the same.

edit: Just came across an $86k asking price for a 91
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181421122794?item=181421122794&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Last edited:
Back