High milage 2002's going for 50.000 USD??

Hi

I'm in the NSX market. Just can't find the right one. My budget depends on what my heart will settle at. I'm considering 1991's, because they're the originals and I kind of like that - up to 32.000 $. If I find a reasonable 1995 NSX with Targa option I will definetley consider that as well, up to 40.000 $. I can stretch for a 1997 3.2 6-speed NSX-T also, I would like the bit extra stronger engine and 6 speed gearbox - up to 43.000 $. And now I'm seeing a couple of 2002 NSXs with high mileage (65000 miles+) for 50.000 USD. Am I correct?? Are these the fair prices or am I to be suspecious before taking over the car? Just wondering. Perhaps it's just because of the time of the year the prices are at this level? I first saw one at this price, and thought it might have been in a accident in the past, but then I saw another one. This is a big investment for me, and I don't want to make any wrong moves. I'm looking for a black, silver or blue car. I don't mind the mileage up to 65.000 miles (100.000 km's) because I will probably keep the car about 10 years before switching over to a F430 or 997 GT3.

Anyone know of this one? Only 25.000 miles and this cheap?? http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...sion=&max_price=&cardist=1802&superSpotlight=
Edit; just re-read the ad, it has 65.000 miles :)

Thanks, this community is great.

I've seen it around town but never stopped so don't know the details. The pictures are definitely taken in Hunstville though for what that's worth. Seemed like a good deal to me as well.

The warranty is up to 65k. the pic of the odometer shows 25k.

Ah, okey. I get it.

I don't know if I can pull of this much of fundings on a short notice, if he has it after 3 weeks, I'm all over it. Gun metal powder paint on the wheels and I'd be set :smile:

That 02 NSX seems like a pretty good deal.:wink:

Ah, okey. I get it.

I don't know if I can pull of this much of fundings on a short notice, if he has it after 3 weeks, I'm all over it. Gun metal powder paint on the wheels and I'd be set :smile:

Getting a car loan should take 3 hours, not 3 weeks. :wink: :biggrin:

I don't get it, people ask 63000 $ for 2002's and then someone only asks 47-53k $. REALLY sceptical on the 47k $ car, and I can buy the 53k $ ad.

Never thought I would struggle in the purchase prosess of a car as easy and uncomplicated optioned as the NSX!

:eek:

I don't get it, people ask 63000 $ for 2002's and then someone only asks 47-53k $. REALLY sceptical on the 47k $ car, and I can buy the 53k $ ad.

Price factor include color, mileage, and overall condition; while the age of the car can only amount for so much.

At $53k, you can get a '02+ with around 40k miles.

Some questions to ask yourself:

1. Does color matter?
2. Do you want a Targa?
3. 5spd 3.0 or 6spd 3.2?
4. What is your tolerance on the condition of the car?
5. Do you want stock or modified?

Once you answer these questions, your decision should come much easier.

As for me, I've been looking for a spa yellow Targa with no stories. Due to the lack of cars, I've since expanded my search to include red Targas as well.

Good luck in your search.

Jerry

Price factor include color, mileage, and overall condition; while the age of the car can only amount for so much.

At $53k, you can get a '02+ with around 40k miles.

Some questions to ask yourself:

1. Does color matter?
2. Do you want a Targa?
3. 5spd 3.0 or 6spd 3.2?
4. What is your tolerance on the condition of the car?
5. Do you want stock or modified?

Once you answer these questions, your decision should come much easier.

As for me, I've been looking for a spa yellow Targa with no stories. Due to the lack of cars, I've since expanded my search to include red Targas as well.

Good luck in your search.

Jerry

Okey, let me try to narrow my search down. :smile:

Targa | Check
Color | Black or Blue, not feeling silver, yellow or red on the 2002+ models (they are great but not my color of choice)
6 spd, 3.2 l. engine | Check
Condition | I will pay extra (up to 5000 $ extra) for a car I know have been taken best care of, I don't have mechanical skills so I want a trouble free car. A CTSC car would be great fun but if I get a breakdown I'm all lost in what to do next...
Stock/modified | As stock as possible so I can shape it the way I want myself.

Basically: 2002-2003 Black or Blue with black interior and with 30-40.000 miles and targa option (I know the coupés are hard to find so that's pretty much irrelevant).

I'm loosing sleep over this already, my intentions was a 1991 but I lust a little more for the more exclusive 2002+ models you definetley won't see around here.

Thanks for your time :)

Btw anyone know of national transport rates for a car? Say, 1800 miles distance?

There is a 2003 and a 2002 (both black) 1800 miles from California on Autotrader...

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hahaha

Put me in as the "floor" bid. I'll buy every single clean low or average mileage 02+, IN GREAT SHAPE and WITH 1 OWNER and NO ACCIDENTS, for $55k. Every one of them. I'll make money on that trade. :smile:

Btw anyone know of national transport rates for a car? Say, 1800 miles distance?

There is a 2003 and a 2002 (both black) 1800 miles from California on Autotrader...

Thanks again!

When I purchased mine, I had quotes from $1100-$1500 and this is for enclosed cargo. Never transported the car. I was too nervous to let anyone handle it without my supervision. So... flew up with my wife she drove it back 1800 miles. Lots of fun... you will feel one with the car.

I think a 2002 with 65k miles for $50k is pretty much where the market is at, especially during the winter.

Back